Hawaii cruise tour

volvo geek

Has anyone done the Hawaiian cruise tour? Do you earn Latitudes points for the land days as well?

Thanks in advance for any input on this cruisetour!

We have never done cruise tour because we've always found you can do it much cheaper booking separate. There are tons of hotels in Honolulu so prices are very competitive therefore reasonable.No points for land portion.

I have been to Hawaii many times and I have to agree that if you speak English and are comfortable driving on the right side of the road it is far more interesting and cost effective to just tour yourself. The only exception was when we were on Oahu we took an organized tour to see Pearl Harbor. At the time we went you had to either arrange for tickets ahead of time or show up early and hope they didn't run out of tickets. With the tour we were assured access.

We have booked it for November....I realize it could be cheaper to do on your own but that takes a lot of planning which I am not in the mood to do. We have friends who did it and said it was great. They just showed up with their suitcases....so after a very bad year health wise we decided to let someone else do it. On another note my husband is always driving and misses seeing a lot. If we do organized tours he gets to see everything. You have to weigh your options.

Ground tour in Hawaii:

1) Book with Cruise Line

2) Book with some regular tour company

3) Combination of book on your own and local tour guides

4) Rent a car and drive around.

#1 must be the most expensive. Hawaii is in America. Just another state. Getting day tours would surely be easy. Then again, I guess some people would book a five day land tour in Florida via the cruise line. (Those last day tours that drop you at the airport are different of course.)