Wifi, Cell Phone Plan on NCL Star Cruise to Mediterranean

THEL_516

Hi everyone, I'm going on my first cruise (ever) in a couple weeks to the Mediterranean on the NCL Norwegian Star.

I'm unsure of what to do about cell phone service and wifi. The wifi packages are a bit expensive and I read the service is not that great on the ship. Any advice on what may be the best option? I'm looking to be able to use internet here and there and also text/call home to check in every now and then.

I do need to check in with Verizon on what their international plan offers. Anyone know if their international plan allow calls/texts while on the ship?

I heard there is also usually wifi at ports--does this mean at cafes, restaurants, etc.?

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of this and want to avoid crazy phone costs.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm going on my first cruise (ever) in a couple weeks to the Mediterranean on the NCL Norwegian Star.

I'm unsure of what to do about cell phone service and wifi. The wifi packages are a bit expensive and I read the service is not that great on the ship. Any advice on what may be the best option? I'm looking to be able to use internet here and there and also text/call home to check in every now and then.

I do need to check in with Verizon on what their international plan offers. Anyone know if their international plan allow calls/texts while on the ship?

I heard there is also usually wifi at ports--does this mean at cafes, restaurants, etc.?

I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of this and want to avoid crazy phone costs.

Thanks!

Check out T Mobile plans.

In the UK i use EE which T Mobile is part of.

I have the max plan which covers my calls,texts,and internet from the US to UK as well as Europe to the UK.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

In the Mediterranean, we often found wifi in the port or terminal. You might also be able to find it in other places.

Second idea. Last year, I was able to purchase a pre-paid SIM card that gave me phone/text/data for all the EU where I was traveling. Not very expensive either.

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the Mediterranean, we often found wifi in the port or terminal. You might also be able to find it in other places.

Second idea. Last year, I was able to purchase a pre-paid SIM card that gave me phone/text/data for all the EU where I was traveling. Not very expensive either.

Neal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could always ask your cabin steward or waiter because they always know where to find the free wi-fi.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app