secret inside cabins on Sunshine?

naturist

Plan on sailing early 2018 on the Sunshine and am looking for those "special unique" inside cabin locations. On every ship we've sailed there is always a small handful of those one of a kind cabins and wondering if anyone can give us some insight on there "discoveries"?

We stayed in cabin 5355 on the Sunshine in April. It is one of those hallway oddball cabins that don't have the same layout as a typical interior. The bathroom is the same size, but the door to the cabin is on the side of the cabin and the normal closet is against a wall and out of the way. We found that this layout actually increased the space in the cabin and we really enjoyed it and would book it again in a heartbeat. It was also in a nice quite location with access to lots of things with minimal traveling.

We stayed in cabin 5355 on the Sunshine in April. It is one of those hallway oddball cabins that don't have the same layout as a typical interior. The bathroom is the same size, but the door to the cabin is on the side of the cabin and the normal closet is against a wall and out of the way. We found that this layout actually increased the space in the cabin and we really enjoyed it and would book it again in a heartbeat. It was also in a nice quite location with access to lots of things with minimal traveling.

I checked the deck plan and the 6th and 9th decks have some larger inside cabins but I have never stayed in them.

We have stayed in the type of cabin that BATTay is talking about on deck 6 and 9, and cabin # 5355 as described by cabotcruiser is one of them (there are a few available in that area of deck 5). It was on the Magic, but same type of cabin. I really enjoyed the way the cabin was laid out and wouldn't hesitate to book one of them again if they were available. The ones on deck 6 and 9 are more centrally located on the ship, but I would book the ones on deck 5 if that was all that was available.

Not sure if it's what you're referring to, but one of my favorite cabins to book is the 4J. All the way forward, considered "inside with obstructed view" (I know, it doesn't make sense!) for just a little more than a regular inside cabin.

Is there a list of these larger cabins anywhere. It would be nice to know to look for these.

I'm not sure if there is a list, or even if these cabins are larger. They just APPEAR to be larger (have more useful sq. ft) due to the way the cabin is laid out. You can tell them apart from the other inside cabins because they look more square then rectangular. Also, they are usually in between the two rows of inside cabins anytime I've seen them. Depending on the deck, they could be cat. 4D (deck 5), 4E (deck 6) or 4F (deck 9). Not all ships have them.

We stayed in cabin 5355 on the Sunshine........ The bathroom is the same size, but the door to the cabin is on the side of the cabin.........

We have stayed in the type of cabin that BATTay is talking about on deck 6 and 9, and cabin # 5355 as described by cabotcruiser is one of them (there are a few available in that area of deck 5). It was on the Magic, but same type of cabin. I really enjoyed the way the cabin was laid out .......

We had one of these cabins once too. Last time I will do that. Loved it at first because of what others said above. Seemed like the room was bigger with the layout the way it was.

Then came the running kids in the hall and people being loud in the hallway late at night. Because the long wall of the cabin (and the bed)is right next to the hallway and not as soundproof as the short wall (buffered by the bathroom and closet), we could hear people and feel vibrations of people hitting the wall as they went down the hallway. Was not every night but enough to decide to never book that kibd of room again.

We had one of these cabins once too. Last time I will do that. Loved it at first because of what others said above. Seemed like the room was bigger with the layout the way it was.

Then came the running kids in the hall and people being loud in the hallway late at night. Because the long wall of the cabin (and the bed)is right next to the hallway and not as soundproof as the short wall (buffered by the bathroom and closet), we could hear people and feel vibrations of people hitting the wall as they went down the hallway. Was not every night but enough to decide to never book that kibd of room again.

Our cabin was not set up that way. Basically, the door to the cabin "split" the cabin between the sleeping area and the bath/closet area. When we walked in the bed was on the short wall to the left (common wall with the cabin next to us) and the vanity, TV, and door to the bathroom were on the right. It seems VERY poor planning to have the bed on the hallway wall. Maybe they realized that on newer ships, as we were on the Magic which is not brand new but one of the newer ships.

we are in 5349 sept 9th, I would love to see a pictures of this type room. Can't find it anywhere.

• 1 month later...
I have heard that cabin 11001 (spa interior) is larger than other spa interiors because of location. I have it booked in January so I can comment after I see it myself.

We have this booked for December and saw photos. Compared to other spa interiors where some you have to crawl over bed as so tight, this one is a lot bigger and all by itself. We will leave it tip top for you in January.

Also try the instructed interiors on deck 3. Only a little more. Full window that look out to side deck. If you are savvy with deck plan and research find one between life boats. It was great back in 2015 when we sailed.