Back to back cruises

Booked cruise from 1st to 8th October then decided to extend.

Thomson wanted to cancel first cruise than book 2 week cruise losing 90% of amount paid.

Have now booked second cruise complete with flights.

We will not now be using return flight and outward flight on 8th.

Has anyone else done this and if so any problems ?

Yes when doing Red Sea Magic (one week) from Sharm el Sheikh and then repositioning cruise back to Marmaris (12days) We weren't happy that Thomson charged us for 4 flights but we got a fairly good discount. There are no problems for you with this but you will need to check in for both weeks. Just print off the boarding passes you need i.e. Your flight out and your return flight.

No Can't remember what we did about plane seats as I know we paid to choose our seats. I know my sister picked her seats for all 4 flights in the hope that Thomson didn't sell them!!! However as the ones she wasn't using were all on the same day I doubt if they'd have sold them on.

Just print off the boarding passes you need.

If you receive paperwork in your cabin the day before the end of your first week just return them to reception

We have a similar situation as we've added a 6 day cruise onto the Discovery 2 TA next April.

While I was told 'no shows' are acceptable they suggested I contact the flight duty office before we travel to advise them.

The number is 01582644100.

You would think that, in this high tech age, their computer system would be flexible enough to simply couple bookings together.

No chance of that. If you look at the transatlantic repositioning cruises for next March and April you'll find only one on Discovery 2 which will let you do the final itinerary and then the transatlantic cruise of 18 days (total 25 days) without charging for 4 flights. We are actually doing this one. You also can't add the first itinerary in the Med afterwards either without paying for 4 flights. Their excuse is that this is a summer itinerary and in fact if you book the transatlantic as soon as it comes out you don't even know what the summer itinerary is. One way I suppose is to book a cruise only and arrange your own flight back from the Med.

No chance of that. If you look at the transatlantic repositioning cruises for next March and April you'll find only one on Discovery 2 which will let you do the final itinerary and then the transatlantic cruise of 18 days (total 25 days) without charging for 4 flights. We are actually doing this one. You also can't add the first itinerary in the Med afterwards either without paying for 4 flights. Their excuse is that this is a summer itinerary and in fact if you book the transatlantic as soon as it comes out you don't even know what the summer itinerary is. One way I suppose is to book a cruise only and arrange your own flight back from the Med.

We looked at the 25 day one but we've been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel several times in the past few years so we didn't want to repeat.

The advantage of adding on the Palma to Corfu 'Iconic Italia' was that we can fly back to our local airport - Exeter, instead of returning to Gatwick.

So have we but we prefer to have the warmer weather in the Caribbean than extra days early May in the Med. Mainly though, because we wanted the overnight in Havana, just love the bars and musicians. We have been on 4 overnight stops in the past but just love Havana. Probably stay on the ship though the second week Havana visit. I can understand you wanting a local airport we're lucky as we can choose between Manchester for the Caribbean or Manchester and Leeds/Bradford for the Med.

Yes I see your point. Ideal time for sightseeing, which is why we will be doing Rome, Florence and Pisa, Pompeii and Herculaneum from 19th Sept sailing On Majesty. However the weather is not currently as expected. There has been a lot of rain recently and more to come. Hopefully the weather will have turned by the time we get there and it'll be a pleasant 20+ and dry.

Yeah their system is not very flexible, I`m sure many people must have to change their arrangements.

Thomson " new " system is way, way behind other cruise companies. They seem to be going back the way in terms of technology and the call centre staff haven't a clue. Will tell you anything rather than say they don't know.