Prncess Cruise beverage packages

feejul

We were on Sun Princess last week. Cocktails AU$9.95 and $13.95. Cider $6, Prosecco $9 for a piccolo. BUT.......There is 'Happy Hour' 3-4pm and 9-10pm in the Wheelhouse bar where the second drink is only $1. They don't open the prosecco or beer bottles either. I stocked the cabin fridge for drinking on the balcony or during afternoon trivia. Drinks package is still $59 (no extra service charge either). We took wine aboard for drinking at the dining table. An extra bottle is around $40. Overall our daily consumption was well short of the package price without skimping.

Coffee card is $35 and with that you can also get free pots of tea, hot chocolate and brewed coffee, even if you are not buying a specialty coffee at the same time.

Hi I'm probably asking a very stupid question but here goes.... Are you saying that the Drinks Package is A$59 per day or in total?

The online prices you are seeing have been affected by the online pricing bug which affects all Personalizer pricing in our region.

The coffee card is AU $36, and I think the soda package is around AU $8 - Princess haven;t shown a separate AUD price for that in the information part of their website.

Would it be better if I waited to buy the coffee card or the soda package on board, there are 2 different prices on the site, due I guess to that bug, $8.05 on their webpage but if you go in to pre order via your booking its $9.05 and recent CC members say on Sea Princess they only paid $7 a day. 2 prices of the coffee package as well.

Has anyone bought the 375 mil bottles of spirits you can pre order via the site through the cruise planner section called Princess cellars, I see they Australian bottle shop prices, at least the Absolut Vodka and the Jim Beam are?

The drinks package isn't available as my cruise is under 7 days, so I thought this would be a good option.

Edited by reedy8
additional info

The Princess web site just now;

All-Inclusive Beverage Package AU$76.70 per person, per day

That is the "bug-infested price" from the personalizer. There is a software bug in all of the Australian personalizer prices that essentially takes the AUD price and "converts" it to AUD using the USD/AUD exchange rate applicable to that booking. This bug has been around for well over a year.

The correct price is found in the Beverage Package section under Onboard Experience - Food and Dining:

"On select Australia voyages. Enjoy the convenience of our All-inclusive Package featuring any drink up to $14 including cocktails, spirits, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items. Terms and conditions will apply.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package is only available on voyages 7 nights and longer. Purchase price may vary due to currency exchange rates. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing.

Item #2419

$59.00 AUD

per person/

per day*"

Sheez OzKiwiJJ, you must be so sick of posting this info time after time.

My 2 cents worth .... everybody, just wait to purchase your Princess AIBP ON BOARD if you are cruising out of Australia and your onboard account is in $AUD! You will pay $59 AUD per person per day. Easy peasy really. Do not take any notice of the Princess website, OK? Right, everybody informed and organised? Good! Happy cruising. :D

Sheez OzKiwiJJ, you must be so sick of posting this info time after time.

My 2 cents worth .... everybody, just wait to purchase your Princess AIBP ON BOARD if you are cruising out of Australia and your onboard account is in $AUD! You will pay $59 AUD per person per day. Easy peasy really. Do not take any notice of the Princess website, OK? Right, everybody informed and organised? Good! Happy cruising. :D

Ummmm, I didn't realise it was a repeated post.

thankyou, thats what I'll do then.

Edited by reedy8
error