Paying Onboard with Disney Rewards

Holldoll777

Yes! I do it all the time. But you have to make sure you transfer the redeemed reward points to a card you can give guest services so make sure you give it enough time if you need them to mail you the initial card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right--be sure that you have the rewards card on the ship. You can get one at Guest services at Downtown Disney or call and have it sent to you in advance (takes about 2 weeks). I've read that they can be issued at the terminal at PC, but I've never personally confirmed this...I wouldn't rely on it! You can transfer all or any amount you wish to your onboard account and if not used in full it can be refunded to the rewards card. You are probably aware that once points are transferred to a rewards card, they have a much shorter expiration period.

As mentioned above, Disney rewards cards can be applied to your on-board account. Because the cruise is a cashless system, all on-board purchases (except new cruise bookings and DVC memberships) are charged to your account. Just be sure to apply the card balance to your account before any credit card on file is charged. I went on Day 3, and my credit card had already charged $500 or so for excursions and a Rain Forest pass.

It is possible you can use the card directly in the shops on the ship, but that's hit or miss depending, in part, on whether the card reader has Internet access at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by mommb