Easily Forgotten/Oddball Items to Pack

Khsh08

Some things I carry whenever I travel, not just cruises.

As mentioned, zip lock bags, VERY useful. In addition, put EVERY liguid/gel container in a zip lock bag to catch any spills.

I use these for laundry - https://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complete-Spring-Laundry-package/dp/B01M0VQ0EG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502905506&sr=8-1&keywords=purex+laundry+sheets

This is both an international adapter and 2x USB charging ports - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DJNR9LM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I carry a small bottle of Woolite. Safe for everything, can be used for laundry or in the sink to wash things.

Stick of Resolve or Shout to pretreat stains. Tide Pen has been mentioned.

Ear plugs, foam ones actually work the best.

Sharpie - for marking anything

I carry gaffer's tape instead of duct tape. It holds well, but does not leave a residue.

If you buy a small size of over the counter meds, you can refill from your home supply. Plus, most of the small bottles can hold more than what is sold in it, so you can fill it up to the top. I carry Imodium, chewable Pepto, Ducolax, Tums, and LOTS of iboprofen.

Same with travel size shampoo and others. For toothpaste, I can a partially full regular size. I "refill" it before each trip. Take the cap off two tubes, hold the opening against each other, and squeeze the fuller one. Takes longer to read this than to do it.

Travel umbrella. I just carry one all the time. Also the Dollar Store/Tree/General rain ponchos are nice to have.

Zip ties. Can be used to "lock" luggage, hold things together, and all sorts of uses.

Some string or twine. Just every so often you need to tie something up.

Flash light has been mentioned.

Another possibility for a night light is a few of the smaller glow sticks.

I also like to keep many of these items in my carry on year round, since we go on 5 or so trips a year

I do this for almost my entire bag. But I travel for work about 8 - 10 trips per year, plus a few personal trips.

And I pack everything for every trip. So I end up in cold climates with swimwear and a sweater in tropical areas. But then I also don't forget anything.

pocket size Kleenex. lots of restrooms ashore don't have toilet paper in them or you get charged by an attendant for a few squares of tp.

Camping supply stores carry pocket sized toilet paper, works better than Kleenex, for some uses. :)

Another source is, at work, the rest rooms use the coreless TP, no cardboard tube, just a fairly small hole. When they are about 1 - 1.5 inches in diameter, a lot of times they will swap them out. In my building, they leave them in the stalls, or you could as the janitorial staff for a couple of the mini-rolls.

This is going to sound odd but I always pack a temporary crown replacement kit. I haven't lost a crown on a cruise but I have this fear of one falling out and then what do you do? :eek:

I can't imagine having to go the rest of the week without it and walking around with a big hole where my crown should be. I had a crown pull out with some gummy candy one time and now it is just a fear of mine.

The kit is really small and cheap. Doesn't take up much space to pack.

819X8iGvKjL._SL1500_.jpg

Those are best for missing fillings. The material is too thick to attach a crown.

When I had a temp crown, my dentist told me to travel with denture adhesive to reattach it. It would hold for about 48 hours.

Of course, different situation if you don't notice and swallow your crown.

Just got off the Solstice. Only extras used was multi charger,extra hangers,travel clock and magnetic hooks. Plus had all my medication for colds,cough etc . Most every other suggested items not needed or used.

One trip does not make something useful or not.

Next trip you might use everything you carry.

I travel to a lot of 3rd world countries for work. You cannot run to Walmart for something you need.

Those are best for missing fillings. The material is too thick to attach a crown.

When I had a temp crown, my dentist told me to travel with denture adhesive to reattach it. It would hold for about 48 hours.

Of course, different situation if you don't notice and swallow your crown.

Glad I'm not on my own, lost a crown just after a cruise, kept thinking what if, it was front top, not my best look, so now carry a small tube of dental cement!!

Carole

Sent from my iPhone using Forums