Scattering Ashes

I will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas inn sept 8th to Alaska. My mom passed away on Sunday and I want to scatter her ashes somewhere in Alaska. Can anyone tell me if they have done this on mendehall glacier or in any other area of Alaska and what I need to do in order to do it.

I called RCCL 4 separate times yesterday. Each customer service person acted as if they had no clue what I was asking when I asked about arranging to have them scattered off the ship. I was placed on hold numerous times and gave up. I figure I will try to just do something in alaska. We are going to Mendenhall and I figured that would be nice. I sent an email to the forest service asking what to do. That's what I found as a contact for Mendenhall glacier park.

Any advice is welcome. Her dream was to go to Alaska so I want to make this happen

Contact rccl directly at their special needs department and explain that you want to do a burial at sea. You will need a biodegradable urn such as this: https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Memorials-EcoUrn-Biodegradable-Cremation/dp/B01BW2VEX6/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1502886195&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=biodegradable+aqua+urn&psc=1

I will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas inn sept 8th to Alaska. My mom passed away on Sunday and I want to scatter her ashes somewhere in Alaska. Can anyone tell me if they have done this on mendehall glacier or in any other area of Alaska and what I need to do in order to do it.

I called RCCL 4 separate times yesterday. Each customer service person acted as if they had no clue what I was asking when I asked about arranging to have them scattered off the ship. I was placed on hold numerous times and gave up. I figure I will try to just do something in alaska. We are going to Mendenhall and I figured that would be nice. I sent an email to the forest service asking what to do. That's what I found as a contact for Mendenhall glacier park.

Any advice is welcome. Her dream was to go to Alaska so I want to make this happen

Very sorry to hear about your mom.

I have read quite a few things about how it is done, on this board. If I find the links I will post them. I am certain Royal Caribbean will take good care of this once you make contact with the right person there who deals with this.

You might check with the County you'll be in. When we spread my mother's ashes it had to be done 1 mile out to sea.

I know this is personal and I don't want to butt in... but you might think of splitting the ashes up and spread some ashes close to where you live so you can "visit" every once in a while.... every time I go to the coast I still look out to where we spread her remains and think of her.

Man, I miss my mother.

I am only taking a very small amount. Her ashes are being split between myself, my sister and my dad. :) so a small amount of the ashes I get will be going. The rest are staying in an urn.