10:45 Amtrak from Cape Liberty?

familycruzer

Can I make a 10:45am train from EWR the morning my ship comes in? Never took a train before so was not sure how early you need to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is your exact date and where are you going? I'm not seeing any Amtrak train scheduled on the usual routes around 10:45. Due to construction in New York Penn Station the Amtrak schedules are being revised.

You are going from Newark Airport Station to near Buffalo New York with a 2+ hour layover in New York Penn Station on a Sunday.

I would try to make the 10:25 train to get the $69/pp fare. Self disembark and take a cab to the P4 Airtrain station.

All is not lost if you miss the connection. It will cost you $13/pp to take a NJ transit train to New York Penn Station. These trains run at least twice a hour, so you will get to NY Penn Station in plenty of time for your Buffalo train.

You are going from Newark Airport Station to near Buffalo New York with a 2+ hour layover in New York Penn Station on a Sunday.

I would try to make the 10:25 train to get the $69/pp fare. Self disembark and take a cab to the P4 Airtrain station.

All is not lost if you miss the connection. It will cost you $13/pp to take a NJ transit train to New York Penn Station. These trains run at least twice a hour, so you will get to NY Penn Station in plenty of time for your Buffalo train.

Would it be easier to just head straight to Penn Station instead of EWR? Best way to do that from port?

I've never taken a train and thought it might be a relaxing way to end vacation.

Would it be easier to just head straight to Penn Station instead of EWR? Best way to do that from port?

I've never taken a train and thought it might be a relaxing way to end vacation.

Are you sure you're doing this on Nov 12th? Anthem arrives on Nov 11. Anthem typically arrives at 6 am with self disembarkation starting as early as 6:30-7:00 am. All folks are typically off the ship by 10-10:30. Getting to Newark Airport station via taxi/Airtrain should be no more than a 45 minute trip, so I don't foresee a problem making your target train.

Transportation by taxi/car service from Cape Liberty to New York Penn Station will cost you $100+. Accessible public transit is an option, but if you've never taken a train, you might not want to do that.

Amtrak will give you some perks in NY Penn Station like red cap service, luggage storage ($10/bag), and separate waiting area.

Where do I get dropped off at EWR to catch the train to Penn Station?

The P4 Airtrain Station is closest to the Airtrain train station, but any EWR terminal also has access to Airtrain. Map - https://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf/ewr-airtrain-brochure-english.pdf

NJ Transit schedule - put in Newark Airport to New York Penn Station - http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo#