Questions about Divina Yacht Club

eclecticphillyguy

We are looking at going on the MSC Divina with my parents who would want to book in the Yacht Club. We would probably book a standard cabin. Does anyone know if Yacht Club guests are allowed to bring non Yacht club guests to the pool in that area and if so how strictly such polices are enforced? Thanks for any advice!

Yes sure, it's like in an airplane. You book first class, the rest of the family economy, once airborne they are all more than welcome to come forward to disturb the other passengers, take their free drinks and eat their meals.

:confused::confused::confused:

Yes sure, it's like in an airplane. You book first class, the rest of the family economy, once airborne they are all more than welcome to come forward to disturb the other passengers, take their free drinks and eat their meals.

Not trying to take advantage of anything, which is why I made an inquiry about the rules in advance. I called MSC and it sounds like it is possible to purchase a day pass into this area for days we would want to go, but they said it was a new program and they didn't have the details. Does anyone have any info on the cost and availability of the day pass? Thanks.

I am on the Preziosa currently and one can purchase a day pass for one day, there is. No price posted, Otherwise you will not be allowed

I hope they will not do it :mad:. Reason why people pay for YC it's to be away from crowd . No one should be allowed for YC if they are not YC guests.

I agree, don't want just anyone coming into the YC and lessening the experience.

I assume its not just for anyone but you would have a YC "sponsor" already in the YC.

But if it were family like the OP it would be OK now and then.

Hopefully the cost is not nominal but a pricey whack.

We are looking at going on the MSC Divina with my parents who would want to book in the Yacht Club. We would probably book a standard cabin. Does anyone know if Yacht Club guests are allowed to bring non Yacht club guests to the pool in that area and if so how strictly such polices are enforced? Thanks for any advice!

If you would like to join your parents in the Yacht Club the fee is $150.00 per person per day. We stayed in the Yacht Club and wanted our cousins to join us for drinks at the One Bar and were given this price by our concierge.

Wow, what a snotty, sarcastic answer to a simple request for information. If this poster is an example of the Yacht Club clientele I will happily save some money and sail with the common folk.

If you would like to join your parents in the Yacht Club the fee is $150.00 per person per day. We stayed in the Yacht Club and wanted our cousins to join us for drinks at the One Bar and were given this price by our concierge.

Wow $150 per...

Did you guys or they pay that? That definately would be a deterient to many taking MSC up on that offer.

Wow $150 per...

Did you guys or they pay that? That definately would be a deterient to many taking MSC up on that offer.

Legion3,,,no we didn't. We ended up inviting them to dine with us at LeMuse that night. The price was $50.00 per person, which we felt was good value considering the never ending Prosecco, free drinks and the delicious food.

Legion3,,,no we didn't. We ended up inviting them to dine with us at LeMuse that night. The price was $50.00 per person, which we felt was good value considering the never ending Prosecco, free drinks and the delicious food.

Yes that is a very reasonable option.

Did the $150 per day include le muse for dinner? Any meal? Or was it simply the YC areas?

Yes that is a very reasonable option.

Did the $150 per day include le muse for dinner? Any meal? Or was it simply the YC areas?

The fee gave you the same privileges as any Yacht Club member, dinner at LeMuse included. I'm not sure about the use of the steam rooms though, which is a Yacht Club perk.

We are all sailing on Divina in August with basically the same stateroom accommodations. I may pay for them this next time, but they are bringing our 3 and a half year old nephew with them, so if they charge for him, that will definitely be a deal breaker.

Another question, was this day pass open to anyone or was it available to YC members only to invite non YC passengers. Sort of like you would need a YC sponser.

Thanks

Good question,,I only inquired about our cousins while we were on board,I'd like to know the answer to that question as well now that you mention it.

As answered already - a day pass will be required.

How strictly enforced? Not strictly, but I don't recommend you do it without a day pass.

The pool is tiny and shallow.

Instead, we used a regular large pool sometimes when it was not busy - we could actually swim there.

Here's an update to this thread. After speaking with my pvc, there have been some recent changes to the Yacht Club Day Pass. First, only 10 individuals per day are allowed to purchase a day pass. Secondly, the price has been reduced from $150.00 per day, to $110.00. A Yacht Club day pass entitles those who have purchased, full use of all Yacht Club areas, Top Sail Lounge, the One Bar, including all beverages, as well as 2 meals at the LeMuse dining room. Also included is full use of the steam rooms as well.

Here's an update to this thread. After speaking with my pvc, there have been some recent changes to the Yacht Club Day Pass. First, only 10 individuals per day are allowed to purchase a day pass. Secondly, the price has been reduced from $150.00 per day, to $110.00. A Yacht Club day pass entitles those who have purchased, full use of all Yacht Club areas, Top Sail Lounge, the One Bar, including all beverages, as well as 2 meals at the LeMuse dining room. Also included is full use of the steam rooms as well.

Ok, $110 is not quite as steep but it's still is steep enough to deter most from doing it. So while its not totally clear this is open to anyone on the ship? Or is it for purchase by YC members only?

So 10 regular passengers could buy these tickets before your cousins could, thus leaving them out of luck.Or someone's parents?

Or do YC members have first crack and then open to the rest of the ship.

It would be like an excursion on board. Gives you a day to get away and enjoy The YC I suppose. which in turn might sell the YC to more people.

I would only do this on a sea day IMO as a port day would not really be worth it. Unless I wasn't going ashore.

But it makes me question the $ I spent to have a more exclusive opportunity. 10 people may not be many but, its 10 more than should have been there. I would imagine not all 10 get sold very often and its those YC people who have family and friends not in the YC who tend to ask the most.

Edited by legion3

Ok, $110 is not quite as steep but it's still is steep enough to deter most from doing it. So while its not totally clear this is open to anyone on the ship? Or is it for purchase by YC members only?

So 10 regular passengers could buy these tickets before your cousins could, thus leaving them out of luck.Or someone's parents?

Or do YC members have first crack and then open to the rest of the ship.

It would be like an excursion on board. Gives you a day to get away and enjoy The YC I suppose. which in turn might sell the YC to more people.

I would only do this on a sea day IMO as a port day would not really be worth it. Unless I wasn't going ashore.

But it makes me question the $ I spent to have a more exclusive opportunity. 10 people may not be many but, its 10 more than should have been there. I would imagine not all 10 get sold very often and its those YC people who have family and friends not in the YC who tend to ask the most.

Legion,,The Yacht Club Day Pass as it was described to me is available to everyone on the ship not already booked in the Yacht Club. I'm not sure if the day pass is advertised on board or not though. I'm glad they limit admission to only 10 people a day, although on my last sailing,,that's about how many people we saw at the Yacht Club pool area on any given day.

If they are going to sell these day passes, then maybe it should be as an excursion and available to first come first served. I personally don't like the idea for just anyone on the ship. I do like it to be able to invite friends or family to spend the day with us in the YC.