pattycake08

Members
Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

pattycake08's Achievements

50+ Club

50+ Club (4/20)

1. I looked at the back of my Coffee Card, and the ship is indicated as Oasis of the Seas, with my room number I had at that time. Wonder if that will make a difference when I try using it on Rhapsody?
  2. I have 2 partially used coffee cards from 2 past cruises, however, when I asked the Barista if I could use what was left on each, I was told no. Can anyone confirm if they have had success in using a prior coffee card on a following cruise?
  3. NJ Horseman, by any chance do you know how many ferries are used on the Orange Route at the departed time, I can't imaging there would only be one with a mad scramble of passengers?
  4. I had a similar issue, where I booked the reservation over a year ago & it disappeared out of my cruise planner. When I had called the 800 number they told me that I have open dining already selected on my reservation (they have no idea what happened to the specific times I booked) and that open dining allows me to waltz on in anytime between 6:00 - 9:30 pm. They said it gives you the freedom in case you're delayed or want to deviate from your committed reservation to go at any time. This was a concept they did many years ago wit RCCL who then decided with anytime dining you needed a reservation. With that said, I did try for fun going on the website to pick a specific time, and there is no wait list, nor was their a waitlist while I was speaking to Celebrity. The man said to just seek out the Maitre d or go to guest relations when you first board if you want a specific reservation. Otherwise just show up whenever you want & at most a 5-10 minute wait.
  5. Thanks so much NJHorseman, your info is exactly what I was looking for. By any chance do you know how many passengers the Ferry holds. Majesty said there were long lines, so if I want to catch the 9:30 am Ferry, what time do I need to leave the ship & be in line to make it?
  6. Thanks Majesty for your informative info. We are also going on the Celebrity Eclipse in July (there will be 2 ships in port (Eclipse & NCL Joy). We are planning on visiting Tobacco Bay (St George) but in looking at the ferry Schedule depending on the day of the week, there is only a 9:30 am/11:15 or just a 9:30am. I saw your post above about a Bus Route to Hamilton. Are there Buses that go to St George as well? If so, do you know how often, and how long the ride is? Assuming the buses would be close to port when you exit the ship. Not sure if there is also any ride share vans that would be similar in price.
  7. We're cruising Aug 2024. Last year we went to Rainbow Beach, it was just ok an Umbrella & 2 chairs was $40.00, taxi fare to & from $10.00 per person. We thought of visiting Sand Castle this go round, but from what I read looks like you have to get a day pass at $40.00 per person ( a little pricey for me). I think that includes Umbrella/Chair at no add'l cost & use of their pools + 1 drink each. Has anyone gone to Sand Castle Beach w/out purchasing the day pass & then just paid for the rental of the Umbrella/Chairs? I did not want to attempt this knowing we were not obtaining a day pass only to be shoed away? Anyone know cost of taxis to & from?
  8. Been to St Maarten (Dutch) 3-4 times, never to St Martin (French). Wanted to try French side for a change. Did research & found that Orient Bay Beach is split up into 5 small beaches named after each bar (Kontiki, Kakao, Bikini, Waikiki, Coco) (Each have chairs &umbrellas different colors to represent each bar/beach), all bars appear next to each other. It appears that 2 loungers/Umbrella are approx $20.00, no matter the bar you sit at. 3 questions, 1) Are you able to go to any of the 5 beach bars and just pay for the chairs/umbrella without ordering any drinks/food or will they only rent to you if you start a tab. We typically just want to sit by the beach & relax & usually do not order food/drinks? 2) Being that the beach bars are next to each other & share the same beach is one location/beach/bar better than another? 3). If unable to sit by one of the 5 beach/bars, then how would one rent chairs/umbrella on Orient Beach?
  9. Back in 2011, we went on an All Inclusive (AI) Day Pass to Jolly Beach Resort ($75.00 pp) & loved it. Honestly, it was a toss up between Jolly, & Grand Pineapple ($65.00 pp) & the only reason we went to Jolly was the taxi fare was cheaper than Pineapple. With that said, we are coming back to Antigua in Aug 2024 and would like to replicate our past experience without paying a fortune. AI Pineapple pass is now $145.00pp with taxi that close to $200.00 each. I can't locate anything on Jolly Beach, does anyone know if they are still around? We were supposed to go back to Jolly, who had a name change to Starfish Jolly Beach resort in 2020, but Covid derailed our plans. I sent an email 2 weeks ago to Antigua Travel & Tourism but heard nothing. Looking to see if Jolly is still around or other AI options. Thanks in advance.
  10. Will be going to the caves in July 2024, are there certain types of shoes one should wear, ex, sneakers or water shoes?
  11. Been to St Maarten (Dutch side) 4- 5 times, always took water taxi & then found a beach as others reported, lounge chairs/umbrella/5 beers for $30.00. I've never been to the French side of St. Martin, but would like to try., just looking for a beach day for a few hours. Have a hubby with mobility issues. Can anyone let me know is there a water taxi to get you to French Side or do you take a cab? and what is the Cost. How far is St. Martin from Port? Do they have the same type of deals as above, chairs/umbrella/ beer for a set price? or is possibly negotiated once you get there. Also I saw Port Royal mention CoCo beach, looking for the easiest to get to w/out a lot of walking once we land.
  12. In august 2023, We boarded a van as opposed to a traditional taxi. The van charged $5.00 per person each way. So for 2 people $20.00 total).
  13. We were at Rainbow Beach in August of 2023. The van was $5.00 per person each way. Umbrella & 2 lounge chairs were $40.00, no negotiation. You must bring water shoes as the coral on the bottom of ocean was very sharp & will cut your feet. Beach was nice but not spectacular. We are visiting St. Croix again in Aug 2024, but will be looking to see if anyone posts a better beach other than Rainbow.
  14. Hi, Back in 2011 we went on a day pass for $50.00 per person & at the time the resort was called "Rendezvous All Inclusive". We were supposed to go back in 2020, then Covid hit. Here are the notes I took from 2011. The beach was split a little bit by a section of rocks, to the right no waves at all, and to the left minimal waves. There were palapa trees for shade and lounge chairs. Very small walk to the pool. Dining area was beside pool area, best desert called, Chocolate pudding which is like Chocolate Lava Cake. All you can eat food and drink. Any time you wanted a drink while on the beach, you would raise the red flag in the sand. Pool had a swim up bar, lunch buffet was 12:30pm - 2:30pm. Taxi Ride was $10.00 for 2 each way, so total of $20.00. Tell the taxi person when you want to be picked up, and he will show up. I have not been back since 2011, but am visiting St. Lucia in August 2024 & was planning on going unless someone on this board has a better suggestion. Hope this helps.