Here's the situation..
1. Wife and I and two of our kids were going on a cruise in 2020, then another cruise in 2020.. now we're rescheduled for 2021. We booked 2 cabins and ultimately ended up with $300 OBC per room on the rebooking. Because of carnivals rules, we had to book my wife in 1 room and me in another and we were planning on using our OBC so that each of us could get the drink package for basically free.
2. Our oldest two kids are now going too, so I booked a third room, which is a balcony and will be for my wife and I, but as of right now the oldest kids are on the booking for that room.
3. The plan is to walk right up to the cheers package folks who are ever present when you embark, purchase cheers for my wife and I using the OBC from our respective rooms, then swap rooms on our own...
So I have a few questions..
1. We'll need to get sail and sign cards for everyone for the correct room. Can we do this on the boat, after we buy our cheers packages?
2. If we formally swap rooms with guest services after we purchase cheers, will it screw up cheers when we go to swipe for drinks?
In order to not lose our OBC for both rooms, I have to keep the rooms booked as is, especially since moving folks around would mix the older kids in with us, meaning we'd have to buy them cheers as well..
I remember a previous cruise with our kids when they were all underage and we had to play this "mom is in that room, dad is in this room" and then we swapped on the fly, but for the life of me I can't remember how we handled sail and sign cards..
This is a pretty specific scenario that maybe no one else has tried to navigate.. I'm open to all input!