Aft balconies on Cat D/E cabins on Freedom Class - loungers or no?

Toddcan

We were in cabin 1700 on the Liberty in February. There were two loungers and two chairs. However as some stated this is deck 10 and corner aft so maybe an exception for that deck.

However, at the time we sailed there were rumers swirling on CC that the loungers were removed. They weren't removed on our particular ship or sailing.

We were in cabin 1700 on the Liberty in February. There were two loungers and two chairs. However as some stated this is deck 10 and corner aft so maybe an exception for that deck.

However, at the time we sailed there were rumers swirling on CC that the loungers were removed. They weren't removed on our particular ship or sailing.

We had an E 1 aft cabin on Liberty and moved to #1700 on the B2B. We had the loungers on the #1700 due to all the steel I guess? but were not allowed any on our E1 aft balcony in April/12.

I just booked our cabin 2 days ago, and I just noticed the price increased $50pp. I hope I can answer to my question so I can decide if I should switch to the side balconies...

You just booked a aft (back of the ship) balcony? You dawg! Those are the best. Last cruise I had one awesome awesome awesome! It was on Carnival and there were no loungers but still lots of room with a great view.

Great discussion! We're on Liberty in aft balcony 1402 (deck 10) Oct 13-20 so it sounds like we'll be all set with loungers. We'll only have one sea day to enjoy it but, oh well! Nice to know it will be there when we want it :cool:

Fingers crossed, we thought they were only on the balconies-- 1700 and 1400 because they were much larger balconies......we had #1700 on a B2B. Part is totally encased in steel in the corners.......so hope you do!!! Sure made no sense on our TA why we did not have them.

Fingers crossed, we thought they were only on the balconies-- 1700 and 1400 because they were much larger balconies......we had #1700 on a B2B. Part is totally encased in steel in the corners.......so hope you do!!! Sure made no sense on our TA why we did not have them.

When you were in 1700 did you notice if 9704 directly below had the loungers?

Paul

When you were in 1700 did you notice if 9704 directly below had the loungers?

Paul

As far as we could see no one unless they were JS or above and the 1700 & 1400 had loungers.

We were in #9706 for 14 nts TA and then moved to #1700 for 5 nts. and no way would they allow us to have loungers on the E1. We tried! So, I would say unless they changed the rules on LOS No you won't have them. Beside and below us had no loungers, only the Suites.

Edited by CVU

We are from Toronto. We will be in 7708 from March 16-24 right after you. I thought March break was from March 18 when I booked. Try to get the lounge chairs for us.

LOL, so much for leaving some Canadian Trinket for you - like some nice Niagara Maple Syrup.

Ok, I will try and make sure the loungers are out there for you to enjoy too.

• 3 weeks later...

We have 8412 on the liberty in four weeks (yes I'm counting)

If we don't find out before that, I will let you know when I return.

Wish we could get someone to do a live from the liberty!! We are the first sailing after the TA back to Florida, so not much being said about the liberty right now. :(

We are from Toronto. We will be in 7708 from March 16-24 right after you. I thought March break was from March 18 when I booked. Try to get the lounge chairs for us.

Yes, lounge chairs would be great! If you get them please ask the cabin steward to leave them for us. You can tell him or her that you know the ones coming in on the 24th want them. :)

Any update on the loungers in the aft balconies? I am sailing on the Liberty of the Seas on December 17, 2012 in room 1400 (this is one of the corner rooms on the 10th deck)

Any update would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Stephanie

Will have that same cabin in November! I'll post and let you know what's up when we return :)

Yes, lounge chairs would be great! If you get them please ask the cabin steward to leave them for us. You can tell him or her that you know the ones coming in on the 24th want them. :)

I take it "Phabric" is a member of your family too?

I will make sure to tell the room attendants to leave the loungers. Sounds like they are normally there on the aft Indy cabins anyways.

I've been following any, and all posts about loungers, and the best I can summarize is that there was a period of time on the Liberty where the decision was made to remove aft balcony loungers. It didn't affect the Indy or the Freedom. Also.. some people recently back from the Liberty are reporting that the loungers are back.

whew.

I tell ya, on Sea days, I will be on my balcony lounger indstead of the pool deck for at least some portion of the day.

Hoping this aft lounger issue is not on the Jewel. I booked the aft specifically for the lounge chairs.

I would think that if RCL left the loungers on every balcony big enough to accommodate them it would help relieve some of the congestion and hogging of chairs up on the pool deck.:rolleyes:

Hoping I have one on my balcony as I will rarely need to head upstairs to the pool deck.:D

Hoping this aft lounger issue is not on the Jewel. I booked the aft specifically for the lounge chairs.

I would think that if RCL left the loungers on every balcony big enough to accommodate them it would help relieve some of the congestion and hogging of chairs up on the pool deck.:rolleyes:

Hoping I have one on my balcony as I will rarely need to head upstairs to the pool deck.:D

Good point about crowding upstairs. Lounge chairs do not to be expensive.

We confirm “no more lounge chairs in balcony in Liberty of the Seas”.

We stayed at 1402 aft balcony cabin in 6 oct cruise, and only have 3 regular chairs, 1400 have only regular chairs, and 1404 yes, there are a lounge chair.

We requested a lounger at our stateroom attendant, and they provided us a semilounge chair (as the ones that use in the promenade)

Attendant explained us that all lounge chairs are removed or in process of remove from the balconies for security reasons ¿?. Only remained loungers at junior suites and above categories, and at certains regular balconies, if previous passengers at requested and attendant don´t remove in embarcation day.

I hope next passengers have our lounge at our balcony.

(sorry for my very very bad english)

2012 June sailing. deck 7 corner aft. When we arrived 2 chairs and a table.

We asked the cabin attendant for 2 loungers and 2 chairs as my siter and her son were 2 doors down and we wanted breakfast together.

That evening we had 2 lounges delivered. Attendant said he couldn't bring anymore chairs but we could move them from the other balcony.

He also said it was up to the Captain as to whether or not loungers were permitted on the aft cabins.:)

it was AWESOME by the way

We confirm “no more lounge chairs in balcony in Liberty of the Seas”.

We stayed at 1402 aft balcony cabin in 6 oct cruise, and only have 3 regular chairs, 1400 have only regular chairs, and 1404 yes, there are a lounge chair.

We requested a lounger at our stateroom attendant, and they provided us a semilounge chair (as the ones that use in the promenade)

Attendant explained us that all lounge chairs are removed or in process of remove from the balconies for security reasons ¿?. Only remained loungers at junior suites and above categories, and at certains regular balconies, if previous passengers at requested and attendant don´t remove in embarcation day.

I hope next passengers have our lounge at our balcony.

(sorry for my very very bad english)

Hmmm, this is not good. Sounds like some people are still getting turned down for loungers on aft cabins on the Liberty. Again, doesn't seem to be the case on the Freedom or Indy.

This poster just got back from their cruise days ago... I don't like the sound of this.

BTW, what is a "Semi Lounge"? Is that just a normal deck chair that reclines, but has no foot rest?

No, Phabric is not a member of my family.

You have our cabin 2 weeks ahead of us and Phabric has it the week before us. If anyone before us has to request loungers, just be sure to tell the attendant that you know the ones after you will want them.

We specifically booked that cabin for the balcony, loungers and because we are sailing with 4 other friends (2 of which have the stateroom beside us). My husband is a balcony potato and that way everyone one can hang at our place.

I take it "Phabric" is a member of your family too?

I will make sure to tell the room attendants to leave the loungers. Sounds like they are normally there on the aft Indy cabins anyways.

I've been following any, and all posts about loungers, and the best I can summarize is that there was a period of time on the Liberty where the decision was made to remove aft balcony loungers. It didn't affect the Indy or the Freedom. Also.. some people recently back from the Liberty are reporting that the loungers are back.

whew.

I tell ya, on Sea days, I will be on my balcony lounger indstead of the pool deck for at least some portion of the day.

No, Phabric is not a member of my family.

You have our cabin 2 weeks ahead of us and Phabric has it the week before us. If anyone before us has to request loungers, just be sure to tell the attendant that you know the ones after you will want them.

We specifically booked that cabin for the balcony, loungers and because we are sailing with 4 other friends (2 of which have the stateroom beside us). My husband is a balcony potato and that way everyone one can hang at our place.

Ah, gotcha.. I missed the date of your sailing. Pretty cool that we know who's in this exact cabin 3 sailings in a row :)

Everything I have read on CC indicates that loungers on the Indy are no problem - they are there. But, believe me, the first thing I will do after plopping down my luggage is check out the balcony. If there are no loungers, I will do my dangest to get some there. I will inform the attendant that friends of ours have booked the next TWO cruises, and that they have requested the loungers as well.

THANKS!!!!

It's going to be a GREAT CRUISE! :)

Ah, gotcha.. I missed the date of your sailing. Pretty cool that we know who's in this exact cabin 3 sailings in a row :)

Everything I have read on CC indicates that loungers on the Indy are no problem - they are there. But, believe me, the first thing I will do after plopping down my luggage is check out the balcony. If there are no loungers, I will do my dangest to get some there. I will inform the attendant that friends of ours have booked the next TWO cruises, and that they have requested the loungers as well.