Disney Customer Service

Host Mick

I am not sure if your agreeing for me or not????

I have seen enough to know that CM's with DCL almost always go way beyond other lines!. Now that doesn't mean they are 100% perfect either' date=' anyone can have a off day!.

Pssst................your talking to me again???.........I would prefer that, Thank You!:D

AKK[/quote']

BTW, I hope I don't get in trouble with Mick for this, but you had sent me a PM on another board (we know which one;)) and agreed to disagree, so I was more than a little shocked at how you've come at me on this board. Disappointed, really. :(

I don't know about the UK, but there has always been plenty of advertising here in the US. Everyone remembers the advertisement from years ago, about the little girl telling everyone on the elevator that their new baby was a "souvenir" from their Disney cruise. :p

Agreed, the newer ships hold more passengers, but that doesn't make up for the numbers of passengers on lines that have 10 or more ships.

I think that if you have a room full of 50 people, it's going to be easier to make sure that they are entertained and happy, when compared to a room full of 200 people....simply because everyone's idea of "excellent" is so different.

Also, most of the time, people taking a Disney cruise already LOVE Disney....so they are pretty much guaranteed to get what they enjoy....in terms of entertainment definitely.

It's a lot harder to entertain and please a wide range of individuals when you don't already have that core passion for a product.

Yes agree, we do not get DCL advertising, I read it was light in the USA. Yes if you have 2,700 passengers and give them personal service, then it's far harder for 4,000 to get personal service.

I DO agree that Disney does a great job. I don't recall ever saying they didn't.....except in the case of my accident onboard where they honestly, no other word for it, lied to me. But my case, thankfully, I think is an exception.

Obviously we loved Disney, or we wouldn't have cruised with them however many times it was....13 I think. And if the opportunity arises, I'd go again.

My only point, ever, is that they aren't always the best fit for everyone. So yes, I guess in that sense, I am agreeing with you.

Obviously, if you ask on any "Disney" board, people are going to say that they have the best product, the best service, etc.....and yes, I know that some of the travel magazines, etc, have named them best "in their category"....but that's what I was saying above.....for what they offer, which is DISNEY....they are the best....but they're also the only ones, and they are smaller than almost all of the other lines, so...."big fish in a little pond"....it's also easier to be "the best".

Does that make sense?

Yes that makes sense and I agree!:D

I would add that its the same for all the line boards, except for maybe Carnival, a good many of those folks love to tear Carnival Down. I really don't understand that. I have actually been there defending them a few times and I am no Carnival Fan.

No one does Disney Magic but Disney, and that is the *lay over* a great cruise hiding underneath the Magic. I think people can be honest about their favorite lines and still admit other lines are good to.

I have been known to nail Disney to the wall on a few things, especially that child molester incident and a few other things.

AKK

BTW, I hope I don't get in trouble with Mick for this, but you had sent me a PM on another board (we know which one;)) and agreed to disagree, so I was more than a little shocked at how you've come at me on this board. Disappointed, really. :(

I never received a PM from you, I just looked. But that's ok, we will agree to disagree.

I am pretty sure U know you by another name form the other forum!:D

AKK

It's a shame sometime to spoil the Magic of Disney, but when one asks.

And some CM's may remember a Guest by first name, behaviour, a special conversation or such from a previous cruise.

For those that are wow'd by information from previous cruises and that they "remember you and what you liked" just either believe in the "Magic" or accept that profiling is part of the "Magic"

You obviously see the difference moki'smommy and appreciate it! ;)

ex techie

I've never been one to buy into the "these people are my best friends and remember me, etc." It makes sense that they have notes and I guess it explains the few times we've had some pixie dust sprinkled on us even though we are never in suites or other high profile triggers. I took them for what they were - a little piece of magic to make an already great cruise even better.

Are past tip amounts also logged? Or at least rated; high, medium, low?

Curious

TIA

Bear, I have no idea if tip amounts are logged.

I would think that those that prepay are logged though.

1- I see this thread has been coped to another forum now, that quite often is a bit behind! 2- I can only see them writing very limited notes, there are either 2,700 or 4,000 on board, and that would be a mammoth task. I can see concierge and Guest services and Palo making some notes and if something very special occurring, the database would be limited for data protection reasons, and attitude if cruisers would not be on there, hobbies and likes maybe. If they out negative comments on there is always the risk of the cruiser seeing it. That would be a problem. Now refunds and discounts might be on there, I can't see how a tipping record would work as a lot of people do it in cash, ie I pre pay base tips that maybe on record but I always add cash, the person who gets that wouldn't log it would they?

Again I have no idea how they log things, but I could see a family or just an individual being logged as an Eeyore (always complaining and upset), Tigger (always hyper and into everything), Stitch (always causing trouble), Cruela (always demanding), Cindy (always at the spa), Goofy (funny and lovely Guest), Mickey Or Minnie (run of the mill regular Guests) etc....

Anyone else think of how Guest's could be logged in the system without seeming obvious?

ex techie

I've never been one to buy into the "these people are my best friends and remember me, etc." It makes sense that they have notes and I guess it explains the few times we've had some pixie dust sprinkled on us even though we are never in suites or other high profile triggers. I took them for what they were - a little piece of magic to make an already great cruise even better.

As they were intended, unless they were just random pixie dust they have to use as well!

ex techie

Sometimes that "pixie dust" might be a result of a letter or email or phone call from someone, asking to have the dust sprinkled upon someone else.;):thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Absolutely agree!

You just never know when it might happen, and thats what makes it pixie dust rather than just entitlement!

Love it, and loved giving it!

ex techie

I remember one young Guest (maybe 14/15) who was so interested in audio, and hung around the booth a couple of times. He finally asked if he could come in to see it but I had to say no. (I was in the booth on my own)

BUT if he came back later when I had time to arrange for another Tech CM to be there he could!

We showed him all of the kit, let him operate them and he was so appreciative and polite!

I got a $25 bonus for a comment on a card, not that it mattered to get a bonus.

One other time was a Guest who wanted to do karaoke but was too afraid to sing in front of other Guests. When the event finished, he and the Cruse Staff CM asked me if he could sing one song just in front of his family. Yep! No problem!

And believe me, he was absolutely fantastic!!!

He tried to tip me, I refused, but he just put $20 on the desk and said thank you in such a honest and appreciative way. I took it down to GS for the charity jar.

And the last one was when I was operating in SS for the Special Meet and Greet with the characters.

A little boy I think had Autism or other challenges just came up to be as I was leaving the booth and locking up and said thank you and hugged my legs before I had a chance to squat down.

To say I was emotional would be an understatement.

Not Disney, not on show face, just barely holding back the tears.

They are what Disney are about. Making special memories, and as corny as it does sound, memories that can last a lifetime.

You don't get those experiences in most other jobs.

ex techie

Sometimes that "pixie dust" might be a result of a letter or email or phone call from someone, asking to have the dust sprinkled upon someone else.;):thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Very true - I know of one instance where I do happen to know how the pixie dust happened. It was from a very special person who was a CM at the time (though not on DCL) and has since become a friend. :D

It's all cleaned up. Take a Mulligan.

I remember one young Guest (maybe 14/15) who was so interested in audio, and hung around the booth a couple of times. He finally asked if he could come in to see it but I had to say no. (I was in the booth on my own)

BUT if he came back later when I had time to arrange for another Tech CM to be there he could!

We showed him all of the kit, let him operate them and he was so appreciative and polite!

I got a $25 bonus for a comment on a card, not that it mattered to get a bonus.

One other time was a Guest who wanted to do karaoke but was too afraid to sing in front of other Guests. When the event finished, he and the Cruse Staff CM asked me if he could sing one song just in front of his family. Yep! No problem!

And believe me, he was absolutely fantastic!!!

He tried to tip me, I refused, but he just put $20 on the desk and said thank you in such a honest and appreciative way. I took it down to GS for the charity jar.

And the last one was when I was operating in SS for the Special Meet and Greet with the characters.

A little boy I think had Autism or other challenges just came up to be as I was leaving the booth and locking up and said thank you and hugged my legs before I had a chance to squat down.

To say I was emotional would be an understatement.

Not Disney, not on show face, just barely holding back the tears.

They are what Disney are about. Making special memories, and as corny as it does sound, memories that can last a lifetime.

You don't get those experiences in most other jobs.

ex techie

Now that's what I call magical!

Also, most of the time, people taking a Disney cruise already LOVE Disney....so they are pretty much guaranteed to get what they enjoy....in terms of entertainment definitely.

It's a lot harder to entertain and please a wide range of individuals when you don't already have that core passion for a product.

Hi Daiz,

My only thought about that is it is really easy to destroy exceptionally high expectations. Most of us have very high expectations for Disney and what we pay for, and so I think they have to work even HARDER to meet or exceed those.

They exceeded ours, with just one or two instances that did not.

• 5 months later...

You can look at it one of two ways:

1) If you've already paid your tip, as a waiter you don't need to try very hard to keep them happy.

2) You don't have a tip yet, so these are the people you need to step up your game for to insure you get the best possible tip.

Even if there was a list, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. It could have been any number of things including people who are celebrating.