Supper Clubs and no Jackets???

Goofy63

Hi Okay I know this questions with dress code has been asked to death but here is my question, my boyfriend and I are traveling with my family on Glory 5/7 We really want to do the supper club one night, our problem is the only jacket My BF has is a wool one that will be very uncomfortable or him. He cleans up very nice with good pants and a shirt and tie, has anyone ever been turned away from the supper club for having no jacket. I know it is "suggested" dress but I don't want to get turned away when we show up... Any advice or knowledge would be very helpful. Thanks!!:rolleyes:

Supper clubs on carnival "require" a jacket for men......maybe he can get a cheap one somewhere or wear the wool and take it off when at the table?.......I'm hot naturedm myself and have wool suits and jackets and have never been too hot to take it off.

A jacket is required on formal nights only. And that is the way it is stated on the capers. We went and Joe crried a jacket--just in case. It is more dressier then the dining room. The Captain wsa in the supper club on our night we dined there--- he had on his full dress uniform ans did the rest of his party. The pursers crew was there also-- weaing their full dress uniforms also.

Supper clubs on carnival "require" a jacket for men......maybe he can get a cheap one somewhere or wear the wool and take it off when at the table?.......I'm hot naturedm myself and have wool suits and jackets and have never been too hot to take it off.

Not completely true. Jackets are only required on the Formal nights. On 3/26 sailing men wore trousers and collared short sleeve shirts. No problem. Capers reinforce this policy. leave the jacket at home.

I just was on the Pride and the hosted at David's made a point of telling us that jackets are no longer required.

Jen

AHHHHH?......so they caved AGAIN?:rolleyes: .....See, it still says on Carnival's website that jackets are required....(no mention of formal night only) but why am I NOT surprised?.......The formal attire required years ago was reduced to requested because so many complained.....I was so happy when the supper clubs came out and said "required" again.....BUT......obviously some whiners have imposed on Carnival's good nature and Carnival has relaxed the dress code in the supper clubs....I swear! (skakes head):rolleyes:

On our Sept. Glory cruise, we met a couple that wanted to dine in the supper club but he did not bring a jacket. When they called to make their reservation, they said not to worry, they would hang a jacket on the back of his chair. ..which they did...and they had a great dinner!

Just returned from Valor April 10 cruise. Ate in Scarlett's (supper club) twice. First time (Tuesday) there were a couple of guys with sport shirts, no ties. Most of the others had suits or jackets with open collars. Second time (Saturday) seemed like most had jackets. (Hard to say since the room is sort of divided into 2 areas and you have to make a point to go see the other side of the room you are not seated in.) In main dining room on formal nights saw most men in suits, a few tuxes, even a few in shorts. But the vast majority of men at least had on jackets.

stl82

Thanks for the advice, I think we are just going to chance it and go with no jacket. He has very nice pants and shirts and ties, he just hasn't gotten around to buying blazers. So we'll see what happens, I am pretty dure they wouldn't turn us away, especially when we are paying $25.00/ person to eat that night. Money is still money!!!

, I am pretty dure they wouldn't turn us away, especially when we are paying $25.00/ person to eat that night. Money is still money!!!

As long as you dont go during the formal nights you really should be fine. I like to know that they wont turn people away who are dressed nicely-- but hope they would turn people away that were not dressed proper. Even if money is money

Just depends on the night. Most nights smart casual is advised. Which would just be slacks and a nice dress shirt. Call the supper club when you get on board and check which nights jackets are required and make your reservation accordingly.

So we'll see what happens, I am pretty dure they wouldn't turn us away, especially when we are paying $25.00/ person to eat that night. Money is still money!!!

Well... you have to keep in mind that, to Carnival, $25 is not significant (when only multiplied by a small # !)

As was previously stated, on a non-formal night sharp/nicely dressed should be OK...

Tom

AHHHHH?......so they caved AGAIN?:rolleyes: .....See, it still says on Carnival's website that jackets are required....(no mention of formal night only) but why am I NOT surprised?.......The formal attire required years ago was reduced to requested because so many complained.....I was so happy when the supper clubs came out and said "required" again.....BUT......obviously some whiners have imposed on Carnival's good nature and Carnival has relaxed the dress code in the supper clubs....I swear! (skakes head):rolleyes:

perhaps the newer ships should now be built with a DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION Supper Club...:D (which over time will also be diluted ... :rolleyes: )

Tom

Archived