3 to a room on the Spirit or a cheap single

chipsmom

AB penthouse - 3rd guest travels for only $369 or so.

The best choice for a single person cruising is usually river cruises which even have single person staterooms, btw.

Last I checked there aren't any river cruises from Boston to Bermuda...which is what the OP is asking about.:rolleyes:

Thinking about a last minute cruise to Bermuda the end of June. Really can't so 3 in a room any more. Any thoughts on a discount for a single cabin?

If you are looking at an inside or OV there are a few "larger" (175-220 sq ft) cabins that would be more doable than the smaller cabins. They are 5035, 6535, 6035, (OV 8000, 8500), 9551, 9051, 10611, 10031 and 10531. They go fast so you may want to look and make your decision soon. They are having a special of $199 for the 3rd person the first two weeks in June.

If you are looking at an inside or OV there are a few "larger" (175-220 sq ft) cabins that would be more doable than the smaller cabins. They are 5035, 6535, 6035, (OV 8000, 8500), 9551, 9051, 10611, 10031 and 10531. They go fast so you may want to look and make your decision soon. They are having a special of $199 for the 3rd person the first two weeks in June.

Oops, forgot 9207, 9203, 9205 and 9703...

Most single cabins have to pay the same as double occupancy. So unless you get a really good deal on the price it can be an expensive way to travel.

You didn't say what category you usually get. One thing to do would be to compare the price of two cabins against 3 in a mini-suite (deluxe balcony) or 3 in an AB suite. The extra space in the mini-suite might make all the difference in the world, unless that is what you are used to having in the first place.

We did 3 in a cabin and 4!! 3 isnt bad because the extra bed is a bunk so it doesn't interfere with floor space. 4 in a room is like camping, but we still had fun! We just made a bathroom/shower schedule that worked for us, and did hair and makeup at the little vanity to free up the bathroom. Save your money and go for 3 in a cabin and spend the rest on touring/drinks and having a great time. You probably will spend so little time in the room anyhow. Have a great trip

Thanks all I should add.... Me 50, mother 84 and 6 foot son 18.

I like a balcony. When pull out is open it is too clastrophobic for me. And it is not comfortable for a week.

Love the idea of a river cruise but for now it is Boston to Bermuda..

I will check an AB suite.

I was on this ship 3 years ago , 3 to a cabin--never again.

:)

I have to add the AB is not suitable as it has only a queen bed, not twins. We need 3 beds.

THANKS!!

I think that you will find this to be the case in all of the suites on the Spirit. I think that cabin 8000 and 8500 may meet your needs. These are cat. CC ocean view cabins and they are 225 sq. feet. There is lots of space. However, they are the farthest forward on Deck 8.

Good Luck.

I have to add the AB is not suitable as it has only a queen bed, not twins. We need 3 beds.

THANKS!!

I hear you saying that the sofa in the living room and the small bedroom with shorter (futon) bed & bunk that sleeps 3 would not be suitable because of your son's height and your mother's comfort.

We are having 3 women in a BA and are going to have the beds separated, & 1 on the sofa. We'll switch beds each night so no one gets stuck on the sofa. But I don't guess that would work in your case!

• 2 weeks later...

when the sofa is out and the 2 beds seperated the room is all Beds. I get a bit clastrphobic and can't stand the lack of space to walk. I tend to need my "space" and find I never have a moment in the cabin to myself ! I will try to figure out a plan of action!!

Archived