Navigator Deck 12 balcony cabins

Any input on Navigator's new Deck 12 balcony cabins? It's really hard to find information on these!

Keep an eye on the navigator may 25 post

OP is on there at the moment and someone asked them for info so they are going to try to get a look at

Gosh, I am in AWE of people who can do this.

Particularly when your name is POMPEY.

:)

TY Merion.

Short for Portsmouth Good ole Naval shipyard in the UK

My real name was taken:confused: so I had already been cloned when I set up CC account..

Happy Days

Real name is Graham:)

We were in 1876, one of the deck 12 balconies on May 4.

It was a great location... Steps from the forward stairs and elevators, one level down to the Solarium and pool deck.

It still has that ' new ship smell'! Design of built-in storage and closets was great, and the balcony was quite a bit roomier than a standard balcony.

We felt there was much more privacy on the balcony - no cabins above or below, just the 7 balconies on our side (we were port side).

The table on the balcony was taller and more comfortable for morning room service breakfast. No coffee table in the room itself and we didn't miss it, made it roomier and there was plenty of counter space without it.

Although all cabins had the old CRT TVs replaced, the new cabins got larger screens.

We had a nice cabin crawl that ended at our room and another deck 12 cabin, and our group seemed to really like them.

TY Merion.

Short for Portsmouth Good ole Naval shipyard in the UK

My real name was taken:confused: so I had already been cloned when I set up CC account..

Happy Days

Real name is Graham:)

Oh, so you are NOT a great Roman general??? :(

It was a great location... Steps from the forward stairs and elevators, one level down to the Solarium and pool deck.

It still has that ' new ship smell'! Design of built-in storage and closets was great, and the balcony was quite a bit roomier than a standard balcony.

We felt there was much more privacy on the balcony - no cabins above or below, just the 7 balconies on our side (we were port side).

The table on the balcony was taller and more comfortable for morning room service breakfast. No coffee table in the room itself and we didn't miss it, made it roomier and there was plenty of counter space without it.

Although all cabins had the old CRT TVs replaced, the new cabins got larger screens.

We had a nice cabin crawl that ended at our room and another deck 12 cabin, and our group seemed to really like them.

Awesome! This was just the info I was looking for :D We've booked 1838 on the starboard side :D Thank you!

You have it backwards.

Person is Pompey.

Buried city in Italy is Pompeii.

:)

Morning Carol

..:D Pompey is where I was born. Pompeii is where I have been :p

Will load up some pics later from a 11 night Med-Greece-Turkey cruise on X Equinox 2011

And it is not in my list of past cruises. That's just a sampler:)

Have a happy Memorial Day

Happy Days

Thanks for the info. There really isn't much out there on these cabins yet. We will be in 1830 in just under three weeks! I'll be sure to post a review upon our return.

Thanks! I'll be anxious to read it :) Navigator was wonderful and we had a terrific trip!

Hey Judy

I remember you guys from one of our cruises. It might have been freedom a couple of years ago with REV....Anyhow we are booked in 1888 for December this year and when I saw the pics done by Drydockdave I got worried because that cabin is the last one and it looks like the stairs to deck 13 is on our wall.

By any chance did you take any pictures of your cabin and deck. I would love to see them. We have 1888 - 1886 and 1826 all booked and this will be an adventure as we are total way aft people.

Sure was nice to see your name out there again.

Cyndee

Hey Judy

I remember you guys from one of our cruises. It might have been freedom a couple of years ago with REV....Anyhow we are booked in 1888 for December this year and when I saw the pics done by Drydockdave I got worried because that cabin is the last one and it looks like the stairs to deck 13 is on our wall.

By any chance did you take any pictures of your cabin and deck. I would love to see them. We have 1888 - 1886 and 1826 all booked and this will be an adventure as we are total way aft people.

Sure was nice to see your name out there again.

Cyndee

Hi Cyndee - yes, I remember you from the Freedom cruise - Nov 13, 2011, right?

Deck 13 is totally underused, and we rarely saw anyone climbing up the stairs at the end there. HOWEVER, one of our roll call members was in that cabin, and the problem with noise is that there is a door outside your cabin leading to the outside, but it is clearly marked DO NOT USE, instead there is a door steps away that leads to the hallway for the elevator/stairs. Every now and then she said people would try to open the door ignoring the sign, and I think it's locked from the outside, so she heard some banging.

But again, because that area stays pretty empty and mostly only people staying in those cabins were using it, so I don't think that happens very often.

Sorry, I meant to take pictures of the cabin, but never got around to it.

Deck 13 is totally underused, and we rarely saw anyone climbing up the stairs at the end there. HOWEVER, one of our roll call members was in that cabin, and the problem with noise is that there is a door outside your cabin leading to the outside, but it is clearly marked DO NOT USE, instead there is a door steps away that leads to the hallway for the elevator/stairs. Every now and then she said people would try to open the door ignoring the sign, and I think it's locked from the outside, so she heard some banging.

But again, because that area stays pretty empty and mostly only people staying in those cabins were using it, so I don't think that happens very often.

We saw the hallway and door also, just not the cabin. It looks like it would be very quiet. We've got 1838 (the last one on the starboard side) booked for next May and think it will be a good choice.

Judi

Thanks so much for the quick response......Very helpful and yes, it was Nov 2011 on Freedom.....That was one of my favorite trips.....See your doing the Southern Caribbean....That was also fabulous....If you are going out of San Juan you might just as well do the B2B since you will have the airfare to fly there anyhow :)

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Cyndee

We saw the hallway and door also, just not the cabin. It looks like it would be very quiet. We've got 1838 (the last one on the starboard side) booked for next May and think it will be a good choice.

Cricketts - Our one daughter has a real horrible time with an injury to one of her ankles when she was a teen and this location seems perfect and her and her sister will frequent the pool/solarium most of the days.....we tried to keep her walking to a minimum. I'm real excited about these cabins and now that delacruz said the balconies were a little bit bigger I am real excited. We're going from the total aft cabin which a huge balcony to this so it was a nice surprise......

So glad there is a thread about the new Navigator Deck 12 balconies! Hopefully there will be some pictures posted soon, from all angles. We are in 1888 in July so we will take good care of it for you Cyndee LOL. Can't wait to sail and stay in that new location!

Cricketts - Our one daughter has a real horrible time with an injury to one of her ankles when she was a teen and this location seems perfect and her and her sister will frequent the pool/solarium most of the days.....we tried to keep her walking to a minimum. I'm real excited about these cabins and now that delacruz said the balconies were a little bit bigger I am real excited. We're going from the total aft cabin which a huge balcony to this so it was a nice surprise......

I do think the convenience is a huge plus. It's also just one flight down to the fitness center :)

So glad there is a thread about the new Navigator Deck 12 balconies! Hopefully there will be some pictures posted soon, from all angles. We are in 1888 in July so we will take good care of it for you Cyndee LOL. Can't wait to sail and stay in that new location!

Carol......I'm so jealous that you get to go before me LOL. This is our first time in the front of the ship. We are total AFT people but this was a great location for our daughter. I'm looking at booking these same cabins again in April 2015 for our 30th....Enjoy the cabin and if we don't get pics before you go......Please take some for me, if you don't mind

Cyndee