Help! C&A conversion missed our last cruise and now won't give us the points!

sabbie

When we got our booklet yesterday I saw that my husband's account only had 7 cruises listed for a conversion of 52 point but we had taken one in Dec. that didn't seem to have registered so went online and found the same thing. They had missed our last cruise on my husband's account and since he has one more then myself he should have had 8 points for a converted 69 points. I called thinking this was an easy fix since it was obvious we had just taken the cruise but after an hour on the phone and having to demand to talk to a supervisor I was told that because the conversion already happened they would only give us credit for the nights taken under the new rule and not at the conversion rate which is a difference of 10 points. The cruise was well before the conversion date (cruise was taken Dec 16th, 2010) and I expect the points to be converted like all of our previous cruises but they are saying that they can't do that in the system, it was a one time conversion deal and no way to override the system What do I do and how to I proceed to get the correct points??? We have planned a 4 day and 7 day that would with our 8 cruise converted would have allowed us to hit Diamond by the end of the year but if we get just the per night points we have to have 2 additional cruises to hit Diamond or suites on the 2 we already have planned. I am so furious but just don't know how to proceed at this point, all I got in the end was we will look into it and get back to you next week (which I have no doubt was just to get me off the phone) but don't hold your breath that you will get the points for it.

Thoughts, suggestions, condolences?

Sorry Sabbie but I don't have a lot of sympathy. It's was easy for people who take short cruises to "rise through the ranks" and they win on conversion because each cruise is counted as seven nights,but the real losers in the conversion stakes are those of us who take longer cruises. As I don't fly and only cruise from the UK all of my previous 10 night or longer cruises have been counted as seven cruise points - that is unfair!!

Sorry Sabbie but I don't have a lot of sympathy. It's was easy for people who take short cruises to "rise through the ranks" and they win on conversion because each cruise is counted as seven nights,but the real losers in the conversion stakes are those of us who take longer cruises. As I don't fly and only cruise from the UK all of my previous 10 night or longer cruises have been counted as seven cruise points - that is unfair!!
I don't think you're understanding their point. All they want is for their current cruise days balance to be what it would have been had RCL posted their last cruise to their account in a timely manner. This seems reasonable to me, how they got their cruise credits is immaterial.

When we got our booklet yesterday I saw that my husband's account only had 7 cruises listed for a conversion of 52 point but we had taken one in Dec. that didn't seem to have registered so went online and found the same thing. They had missed our last cruise on my husband's account and since he has one more then myself he should have had 8 points for a converted 69 points. I called thinking this was an easy fix since it was obvious we had just taken the cruise but after an hour on the phone and having to demand to talk to a supervisor I was told that because the conversion already happened they would only give us credit for the nights taken under the new rule and not at the conversion rate which is a difference of 10 points. The cruise was well before the conversion date (cruise was taken Dec 16th, 2010) and I expect the points to be converted like all of our previous cruises but they are saying that they can't do that in the system, it was a one time conversion deal and no way to override the system What do I do and how to I proceed to get the correct points??? We have planned a 4 day and 7 day that would with our 8 cruise converted would have allowed us to hit Diamond by the end of the year but if we get just the per night points we have to have 2 additional cruises to hit Diamond or suites on the 2 we already have planned. I am so furious but just don't know how to proceed at this point, all I got in the end was we will look into it and get back to you next week (which I have no doubt was just to get me off the phone) but don't hold your breath that you will get the points for it.

Some won and some lost. Seems like you fell in the second category.

When we were all saying to go and take screenshots of your cruise history did you do that? Was your December cruise listed then? If you have been following the boards then you should have taken this up with them prior to this much anticipated change. Perhaps a well worded and logical email to C&A may help. Good luck with it.

I sympathise. I understand the new system is sort of 'fairer' to people like myself who would only take week or longer cruises, however you took your cruise before the changes. There is no question that you should get your points under the old system.

As a customer relations exercise I think there is no question that they just say 'yes' - and you have been on the phone for an hour???? Then you should be upgraded right now just for the hassle you have been given. What does it really cost them in pounds shillings and pence compared to what they gain in customer loyalty. Come on RCI grow up :p.

Wow some of these responces are just mean... come on people lets not forget that we are all people who share the love of cruising.

Sabbie, I totally sympathise with you and I would be just as fuming if I was in your possition. I however have no words of advice but I want you to know that you have every right to be upset I hope that C&A will do the right thing for you!

When we were all saying to go and take screenshots of your cruise history did you do that? Was your December cruise listed then? If you have been following the boards then you should have taken this up with them prior to this much anticipated change. Perhaps a well worded and logical email to C&A may help. Good luck with it.

I think that C&A is acknowledging the cruise and the date, but refusing to add the extra credits that would have shown had they updated their computer on time. I sailed on Mariner on 1/9 but that cruise hadn't gotten to my account before the conversion. So I only got 14 instead of 15 points, but it makes no difference in my situation, so I'm not going to try to get C&A to change it.

OP, my condolences.

Call again and get a different person on the line.

Explain calmly that you understand that cruises taken after the conversion date certainly will be counted on the new basis.

But your cruise was completed a MONTH before the conversion.

They certainly CAN override or enter points by hand.

There is no way that you should just let this pass.

Call again.

Ask for Samantha, if you want. That person at C&A straightened out a related problem for another cruise critic poster.

Call again and get a different person on the line.

Explain calmly that you understand that cruises taken after the conversion date certainly will be counted on the new basis.

But your cruise was completed a MONTH before the conversion.

They certainly CAN override or enter points by hand.

There is no way that you should just let this pass.

Call again.

Ask for Samantha, if you want. That person at C&A straightened out a related problem for another cruise critic poster.

Definitely call again and try to reach someone else, and a supervisor.

There was someone on another thread here who I believe got their points changed because their cruise ended the weekend before the change, so the normal delay of updating caused it to post after the conversion.

I would find that one and mention it on the call too (Was it a Cory or so, someone else chime in)

I say put it in writing. So hard to try and reconcile over the telephone. I would send proof of cruising with the letter. I would address it to CEO and also to head of Crown and Anchor.

Try and stick to your guns to get this resolved.

Good Luck, Cruiserone

Definitely call and try for Samantha. It was me who had a similar problem. They fixed it but it has since gone back down to 57 (52+5 night cruise instead of the 69). I sent an email yesterda but have not received a response. This is kind of frustrating. Im hoping they get this all figured out. Or send an email to agoldstein@rccl.com. Thats the email I sent my complaint to before Samantha called me

We weren't trying to "rise through the ranks" by taking a 4 day, just wanting to take a last minute cruise before Christmas without the kids. No hidden agenda here and even if you don't sympathize with me I do with you. In fact we had 2 8 night cruises that were converted at a short to us as well for them. All I am asking RCL to do is convert the points correctly as the cruise was taken well before the conversion cut off. My husband has 8 cruises taken before the date and I would like the the same conversion as everyone else that had 8 points.

I can honestly say I don't have time to follow the boards as much as I like until close to a cruise we are booked on so until the booklet came I didn't know what the changes were going to be just that they were coming. I had in fact checked my own cruise history a couple of times after our last cruise and even called in when it still hadn't been posted 2 weeks after the cruise but then a few days after that it was posted so I assumed it was also on my husband's account too but there was an error and his never registered.

THanks for all the suggestions everyone, I did end up calling again this morning and spoke to Jeanne and she was very helpful and told me that within 72 hours the correct points of 69 would be posted to his account. She said the request would need to be approved by a committee of some sort (I think she said leadership) but since it was well before the cut off it shouldn't be a problem at all as it was their error. Yes, at the 73 hour mark I will be checking and calling in if it isn't posted. ;) Email will go out as well if it isn't resolved by then.

Just want to make sure I understand your post...

You and your DH took a cruise in mid-December 2010, and you got points credit for it, but your DH did not?

You have been on 7 cruises and your DH has been on 8?

You can't be the only one in the situation. There has to be a way to override the new points system.

If my first point is correct, how on earth can they say that you'll get the points, but your DH will not? That's just crazy.

I would fight this to the bitter end. Good luck, and please do let us know how it's resolved.

I would keep trying. You should probably use the e-mail link to report the issue in writing to a C&A representative. All of you cruises prior to the changeover date should count as "credits" under the old system and be converted to points accordingly. Most likely it's not impossible to correct it in the system, but rather easier for them to just credit you the days. I don't believe that they are unable to override the system.

Keep trying - and make your requests calm and rational. :cool:

Edit - Never mind. I see you already got the correct answer from a different rep.

Just want to make sure I understand your post...

You and your DH took a cruise in mid-December 2010, and you got points credit for it, but your DH did not?

You have been on 7 cruises and your DH has been on 8?

You can't be the only one in the situation. There has to be a way to override the new points system.

If my first point is correct, how on earth can they say that you'll get the points, but your DH will not? That's just crazy.

I would fight this to the bitter end. Good luck, and please do let us know how it's resolved.

Yep, you got it right. Husband went one a cruise before we were married so he should have 1 additional credit on his account. Right now it shows us as both at 7 cruises (converted to 52 points) since the Dec 16th cruise didn't post to his C&A account but it did to mine. They can see in the system he was on the ship but according to the first CS rep and manager I spoke with it didn't matter because they could only give him the points under the new system not the old 8 points equal 69. Hoping Jeanne was better informed and it has been resolved but will keep at it either way. At the very least she was much more helpful and friendly so I feel better that it she is on top of it compared to Chris the manager who said he would try to get back with me sometime next week.

I should point out that one of the main reasons I am fired up is that the conversion of 7 credits = 52 point but 8 credits = 69 so 17 points is a big jump and is nothing to dismiss. I don't know why there is such a big difference when the rest seem to be at 7 points and to be honest if where just a 7 point difference I would probably just let it slide and book a suite on our 7 day cruise in Dec instead of 2 cabins (but really would prefer to have the kids in another cabin so everyone sleeps :D) I even asked if it was a misprint that 8=69 but she said that was right, her guess was that if you were only 2 credits away from Diamond you still would be even under the new program too. Who knows.

I don't think you're understanding their point. All they want is for their current cruise days balance to be what it would have been had RCL posted their last cruise to their account in a timely manner. This seems reasonable to me, how they got their cruise credits is immaterial.

I don't think you're understanding. What they want is to receive 17 points for a 7 night cruise. I understand why they are frustrated by the deal, but if anyone actually thinks getting 17 points for a 7 night cruise makes sense, they are out of thier mind.

Not to mention, its a ridiculous points system that mean almost nothing. Enjoy your cruise. Don't worry about loyalty points.

I don't think you're understanding. What they want is to receive 17 points for a 7 night cruise. I understand why they are frustrated by the deal, but if anyone actually thinks getting 17 points for a 7 night cruise makes sense, they are out of thier mind.

Really, what they want is to receive, for their 8 credits under the former system, the same number of points as everyone else who had 8 credits under the former system.

Not to mention, its a ridiculous points system that mean almost nothing. Enjoy your cruise. Don't worry about loyalty points.

I don't think that I am out of my mind for wanting to get the same points as everyone else that has 8 credits. RCL made up the conversion system I'm just asking they honor it.

Archived