DOD cards?

Talulah

I keep reading about the DOD cards but have a couple of questions. I know you get 1 hurricane glass full and then 4 smaller cups... so 5 total. Do these cards go for the entire cruise, or do you have to use the entire card in one day? Is it really $23 plus tips? That doesn't seem like a bad deal if you don't have to use it all in one day. Also, can anyone explain the different DOD's and what they taste like? I heard the "kiss on the lips" or something one is peachy... mmmm sounds good. Any explinations on the other ones? ~Jamie

I believe I read somewhere that one of the DODs is a Miami Vice, my all-time favorite!

It's basically a strawberry daiquiri swirled with a pina colada. Sooo good!!

Ooo! I found this when I Googled it!

drink.jpg

You don't have to use the all of the drinks on the card in one day. My mom and I cruised on the Legend in February for 7 days and purchased 3 cards, we each had 1 drink a day (with 1 leftover). You do get 1 souvenir hurricane glass per drink card, but it is the same size as the non-souvenir glass, so you are getting the same amount of alcohol, just not the glass to take home. We found the DOD cards to be a great deal- definitely worth it! And a savings over the per drink cost!

I'ts a DOD card.

Good for 5 drinks, you can bring back your Souvenir glass & have them refill that one.

Good for 5 drinks only, whenever.

Want more than 5? Then buy another card.

Comes out to $26.45 w/tax/gratuity

Doesn't have to be the DOD for that specific day, you can pick any DOD.

Also, you can buy the card at any bar onboard.

3393593115_5f93758903_b.jpg

On the DOD card, you pay for 5 DOD with the first one being served in the carnival glass. It's a punch card numbered 1 - 5 and punch your card at the appropriate number. When you have received 5 DODs, your card is no longer any good. The DOD cards are $26 total which includes gratuities.

You can get any DOD, not necessarily the one being served that day. You can only use them to purchase DODs. You can buy on DOD a day or you can use up the card immediately after buying it on 5 DODs at once if you want!

I bought them on the Fascination and I thought they were great. I think you end up saving 20%.

Now we know :D Cool thanks for posting.

If you buy the DOD each day, they are normally between $2.95 to $3.95 on sale. So 5 drinks at $3.95 would be $19.75

Don't have a caper to verify that but will be onboard Splendor in 12 days.

Fred

If you buy the DOD each day, they are normally between $2.95 to $3.95 on sale. So 5 drinks at $3.95 would be $19.75

Fred

But I could use the card for any five foofoo drinks I choose?

Fred

If this is the case, then the card wouldn't be worth it if all you drink are the Drink of the Days, no?

I dont even remember the DODs being $3.95....i thought they were like $$.95 on sale....

Ok so I had someone send me some capers to look at and I see where it says "Today's Drink Special" and I'm assuming this would be the drink of the day? If so... I saw the Funship Special, Yellowbird, Caribbean Breeze, Riviera Delight, Mexican Mama, Goombay Smash, and the Ultimate Suntan. But I've seen others mentioned. So is it just if it's been a DOD on your cruise? Or one they have had before on any cruise? I wonder if you asked a bartender nicely he'd make you anything fruity and blended as a DOD. Just curious about anyone who has used these cards and what did you order. So Kiss on the Lips isn't a DOD? I thought that the Miami Vice was one too... Hmmmm.

Oh and also the caper said DOD was $4.50 regular glass and $6.95 for the hurricane glass. So that would be $6.95 plus 4 at $4.50... so that is $24.95 plus add a 15% tip and it is $28.69. So it's not a huge discount... but definatly a little cheaper.

I'ts a DOD card.

Good for 5 drinks, you can bring back your Souvenir glass & have them refill that one.

Good for 5 drinks only, whenever.

Want more than 5? Then buy another card.

Comes out to $26.45 w/tax/gratuity

Doesn't have to be the DOD for that specific day, you can pick any DOD.

Also, you can buy the card at any bar onboard.

3393593115_5f93758903_b.jpg

I'm not much of a drinker, but I thought, "Hey, a drink a day would be cool." Then I saw this pic and the COFFEE CARD!!!!! Now we're talkin'!!

Archived