Have you rented the FlowRider???

bgrdfn

Looking for information on renting the FlowRider but the only results I am finding are about the private lessons you can book that will be with other folks you don't know.

I know the FlowRider can be rented as I've received an email regarding it, although you can only do this after you have boarded the ship.

The obvious questions are;

- Have any of you done this recently, and what was the cost?

- I presume this is for 1 hour, but is that correct?

- Can we have our group of 5 participate or does the rate change per person?

Thanks!!

Looking for information on renting the FlowRider but the only results I am finding are about the private lessons you can book that will be with other folks you don't know.

I know the FlowRider can be rented as I've received an email regarding it, although you can only do this after you have boarded the ship.

The obvious questions are;

- Have any of you done this recently, and what was the cost?

- I presume this is for 1 hour, but is that correct?

- Can we have our group of 5 participate or does the rate change per person?

Thanks!!

We rent it out at least once when we sail. The cost is $450 with instructors from 2 of the sports staff. $300 with no assistance from the staff (they will be just there to supervise you). The session is an hour. You can have as much people as you want for that price.

we rented it for $300 with no assistance. It should really be called limited assistance because they still help you with a few basic things.

We did it at night when everyone was at dinner. 8pm I believe.

One thing we didn't know was that the water was heated so don't let the time of day deter you.

We had a group of 8 and felt like everyone got enough time. Hoping to do it again this year. Was one of the highlights of the week.

Our son and our daughter's fiancee took the private lessons on the Freedom a couple years ago. I think it was $80 pp for them and there were 2 other people that were part of the group. They had an instructor and each person would take their turn until they wiped out. By the time the hour was up, all 4 of them could stay on the surfboard for a couple minutes each. My wife and I watched. It was amazing to see what 4 people sharing an hour accomplished.

Tim

One thing we didn't know was that the water was heated so don't let the time of day deter you.

+1 for the heated water. We cruised last February and it was in the low 40's when we left port and didn't really warm up till Labadee. Nights were cold out too. We had on full wetsuits on and the only warmth we got was falling in the warm water.

My husband has rented it several times.

well worth the $300. He usually had 6 - 10 people, that he met on the ship that wanted to rent it also. even with 10 people they all got lots of time on the wave. Those that were novice get very good in that one hour.

I would recommend renting it toward the beginning of the week so that you can use your skills all week.

Private lessons are $60 per person with a minimum of 4. One time he and 3 others signed up for this instead of the hour rental because it was cheaper and they got the instructors help if needed (not that any of them needed it) You do risk the chance that others will sign up for the same time slot but with it only being 6 or 8 maximum you still get lots of wave time.

His group always gave the instructors a tip after a rental:)

How do you rent the FlowRider? This is the first time I have heard of renting time on the

FlowRider. I am going with a group of 20 who like to try new things and renting the FlowRider for a couple of hours would be perfect for our croud. Where and when can we sign up? Thank you for the help.

How do you rent the FlowRider? This is the first time I have heard of renting time on the

FlowRider. I am going with a group of 20 who like to try new things and renting the FlowRider for a couple of hours would be perfect for our croud. Where and when can we sign up? Thank you for the help.

Go to the sports desk check in (not sure of the actual name) near the FlowRider and find out the about availability.

Price on LOS was $300 for an hour and we had two instructors with us the entire time. They will block out set hours for private rental, usually during dinner hours as they want to keep it open to the publice during the main hours.

It was the most fun we had on the ship. We had it during MDR so we all just did our own thing that night for dinner after we were done.

It's a great time and I highly recommend it.

Price on LOS was $300 for an hour and we had two instructors with us the entire time. They will block out set hours for private rental, usually during dinner hours as they want to keep it open to the publice during the main hours.

It was the most fun we had on the ship. We had it during MDR so we all just did our own thing that night for dinner after we were done.

It's a great time and I highly recommend it.

Way more now. On Allure in January it was around $450 to $500 with instructors.

So is it free any other time/ if you don't rent it out?

Yes during open riding there are no charges at all, and times vary every day of the cruise.

I usually do one group lesson for $60 a person per cruise. I am still working on skills and don't mind paying the money. I have had it from 4 people to 7 people in the group over the cruises. When there were only 4 of us there was lots of time for each rider and at 7 cruisers it wasn't great for time allocation but still a good amount of time to learn some of the basics.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

On Liberty last month my son was disappointed that they were not allowing any "tricks". He felt the fun had been taken away. Just wondering if the same rules apply if you rent it for private use?

The same rules apply if you rent it out.

Archived