Roayal Lahaina Luau/Old Lahaina Luau

KKCruisers

I have heard lots talk about these luau's, but can someone tell me, other than the OLL not having fire dancers, what the real difference is. I have pulled up menus for both and they sound pretty much the same. Do they both have free drinks and if so are they premade or can you name what you want? Like(gin&tonic,etc)

We are about ready to make reservations and I'm leaning toward the RLL because we have the entertainment coupon which will save us 25%. I haven't seen any discounts for OLL. If anyone knows where there is one on line please send me the link or tell me how to find it.

Any information that you might think of interest regarding these luau's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kat

The Old Lahaina Luau is know as the most authentic luau. It does not have fire dancers. Yes you can order any drink you want to. If you make reservations a great place to sit is on pillows on the mats which are up at the front right in front of the stage. We have done it twice now and have loved it each time. Highly recommend it. Some of the other luau's tend to be more Vegas style!!

We went to the OLL 5 years ago and loved it...It was a huge production...We just got back from doing the RLL and loved it also...It is a much smaller production, but is well done...The only complaint we had about the RLL is that it took for ever for the show to start after we finished eating...Everyone was about to fall asleep...I drank the premixed mai tais, but our friends were getting call drinks for free...

Hazeleyes,

What Luau did they attend and do you know specifically what they didn't like?

Thank you everyone else for your comments.

Has anyone used the entertainment coupon for the RLL? If so does that coupon include drinks. It doesn't say anything on the coupon about beverages being included, just curious.

Thanks again for all your help.

Kat

OLL wins multiple awards every year for their excellent luau. On June 29th on the Travel Channel at 3:00PM EST you can see it, I think the show is called 10 best beaches in Hawaii. They are a class act with quality food and entertainment. We are having wedding reception there while on our cruise.

It was the OLL. She told my fiance that the hot foods were not hot, they were not up to her quality, and that the show bored her (I suspect the problem with the show was lack of fire dancers).

I didn't ask my fiance for specifics since we decided we were doing a luau on Ohau instead of Maui.

Take a cab. Parking is an issue not to mention all the traffic. It is actually quite easy to walk as it is pretty much right down the main road in town. The grounds are right at the edge of town as you come on to Main Street. Afterwards you see groups walking back into Lahaina.

I am a big advocate for the Royal Lahaina Luau. I have written a bunch or reviews about it, particularly on Tripadvisor.com. Was there early last June and had an absolutely FABULOUS evening! Couldn't have asked for anything better in a luau. The fire dance finale was AWESOME, the food delicious, and the drinks quite potent! It was a gorgeous, clear night with a big moon over the incredible beach and ocean, palm trees swaying in the breeze, the wonderful, yummy smelling Imu pig ceremony before dinner, AND we had seats right next to the main performance stage with a great band and terrific narrator and dancers! All this really helped our perception I am sure. Our family has been in show business for many years and we were MOST favorably impressed with our evening at the Royal Lahaina Luau on Kaanapali Beach (PLUS it cost less than half the price of the OLL!!!!) Maybe we hit a particularly great night, but this luau really was a highlight of our time on Maui AND our entire Hawaiian experience!

I know the activity sites can sell Royal lahaina luau at a reduced rate and entertainment book gives 25% off. OLL does not allow activity sites to sell at reduced rate. Ours in october is 89.00 plus tax. Maui Revealed rates OLL first and Royal Lahaina Luau second, so that shows they both are very good. If you have to see fire-dancers then Royal Lahaina would be your choice, OLL doesn't have them.

When it was mentioned that trip Advisor had reviews, I decided to check them myself. I made the right choice picking OLL. You might want to check it out yourselves. Plus there are things that are included at OLL and are extra at RLL.

Archived