Past Guest Party

toddsmom

Going on the Conquest in November. My sister will be going with me, This is her 1st Cruise, and my 2nd. Am I allowed to take her to the Past Guest Party as my Guest. I would feel bad going without her. Thanks in advance. Donna:)

Going on the Conquest in November. My sister will be going with me, This is her 1st Cruise, and my 2nd. Am I allowed to take her to the Past Guest Party as my Guest. I would feel bad going without her. Thanks in advance. Donna:)

It is for Past Guests, that is what the party is all about.

Have a great cruise.

:eek:

You do not say if it is just you and your sister on the cruise. If it is just you and your sister I wouldnt have a problem with it so that you have some company. I consider this the same as a husband and wife or boyfriend girlfriend being alone on a cruise and one bringing the other.

If you are going with people other than your sister I would say no. Your sister can entertain herself for 45 minutes.

She'll be a passed guest as far as the party goes. Meaning the party has passed her by as she is not supposed to be there. If you'll feel bad going without here, then don't go. Lots of people have complained about them recenently saying there are too many people there. Mostly because of the first time cruisers showing up.

Yes it's allowed, although I've heard some are pickier than other, maybe based on how many potential past guest attendees they have booked on that cruise. But if your invitation says a guest that means you can take a guest, doesn't have to be a past guest cruiser, they would get their own invitation. If it does not invite you and a past guest, assume they are booked pretty full and go yourself. You can always just stay long enough to get your pin and quick drink and leave.

Your invitation will be for you and a guest. Take her and have fun.

The invitations are NOT for you and a guest! At least not any I have seen.

The party is for past guests only. If you do not have an invitation you are not supposed to gain entry into the party.

Actually your invitation is usually just for you. I know that when we go we each get our own invitation and it is only for you. On our Heathens' first cruise they did not attend.

Yes you can probally get her in and with it being just one person dude, I'm good with it. It's the people that are a past guest and think everyone in their party of 12 should also get to attend that bug me. I'm not gonna judge so do whatever ya want to but the party is designed for only those who have cruised with Carnival before.

Take her and have fun.

This is the correct answer. If you ask at the purser's desk, they will also tell you that you may bring someone from your cabin that did not receive an invitation.

The "morals" of this can be debated by the masses forever, but it is Carnival's party, and they say it is ok to bring someone from your cabin. :p

It's the people that are a past guest and think everyone in their party of 12 should also get to attend that bug me.

I personally agree with this statement--being in a GROUP does not give them the right to access. However, they CAN bring the 1 or 2 that are staying in their cabin with them. Again, this is from the Purser's desk, not from me :)

This is the correct answer. If you ask at the purser's desk, they will also tell you that you may bring someone from your cabin that did not receive an invitation.

The "morals" of this can be debated by the masses forever, but it is Carnival's party, and they say it is ok to bring someone from your cabin. :p

As many things vary from ship to ship, this may also be one of them. When we were on the Valor I asked about bringing my sister and they said if you don't have an invitation you're not invited.

Then again, just like calling Carnival, you may get different answers depending on who you speak with.

If Carnival says it's OK, then I guess it's OK.

I will be a past guest for the first time in July.

I am bringing somebody special with me on this cruise who will not be until it's over.

I will certainly attempt to bring him, but I would never go without him.

I think somebody who is a significant other/spouse/partner/whatever should certainly be allowed to attend with you.

I also agree, don't bring all of your friends, they didn't earn it.

My two pennies. :eek:

Dennis

Recently went to Past Guest Party on the Destiny. My invitation was for me only. It did not include my DH, who should have also received one of his own, but didn't. He called the information desk and told them that he did not receive an invitation. Information told him an invitation was necessary for him to be able to go.

The invitation for my DH was on the bed the next afternoon. We went and had a great time. Sat by a nice lady who was on the cruise with someone who was not a past guest. She came alone, had a couple of drinks, watched the video then left. It only lasts about an hour, but you can leave whenever you wish.

Thank you all for your quick responses. This will my 1st Past guest party. I didn't know what was what and if anyone could attend with me... I am sorry that I bothered some of you, I am sure you had these questions at one point or another. I will just wait and see when we get on the ship. Thanks again

Carnival will not turn away your guest or your party at the door as they do not want to create a scene, that's all. The party is for past guests ONLY, not past guest and others. So, if you don't want to go without your friend, don't go.

Originally Posted by toddsmom viewpost.gif

:eek:

Raise the garage door before your start the car dude...

You treated this question like it came from someone at a complaint window for lost luggage. The person was asking a question.

All she needs to do is ask at the pursers desk. Carnival is in the people business, cruise bookings are their way to stay in business. Bet they'd treat a new customer with more respect that you did Donna here...

Thank you blusry.....As this will only be my 2nd cruise I was simply asking a question, I didn't realize it would bother some people... I will go to the Pursers desk when I get on and ask.. Thank you

Raise the garage door before your start the car dude...

You treated this question like it came from someone at a complaint window for lost luggage. The person was asking a question.

All she needs to do is ask at the pursers desk. Carnival is in the people business, cruise bookings are their way to stay in business. Bet they'd treat a new customer with more respect that you did Donna here...

Dude, do a search on this board. This isn't the first time this has come up. What part of "past guest" don't you and Donna understand? Now, if the invitation said "past guest and any guest they want to bring with them". That's a different story. If you get a weding invitation, and it's addressed to you, do you bring a guest with you? Show some respect.:rolleyes:

The invitations are NOT for you and a guest! At least not any I have seen.

The party is for past guests only. If you do not have an invitation you are not supposed to gain entry into the party.

Thanks you were correct. And my wife corrected me. (as usual)

Each person is supposed to have an invitation.

The invitation WILL be in your name. It WILL NOT say, and guest.

You choices are for you to skip the party, next cruise she may attend with you.

OR

You go to the party and feel bad.

OR

You take her WHERE SHE WAS NOT INVITED.

Carnival employees will NOT stop you, only your own good manners will do that.

"I will go to the Pursers desk when I get on and ask.. Thank you "

If one checks on the protocol of asking if an uninvited guest may attend any function. The answer will always be yes, but it is the height of rudeness to ask. The invite is clear and unambiguous.

Dan

If you decide to take her, please get permission or an invitation ahead of time.

On our last cruise we were in line behind a lady traveling with a first timer (not a spouse) that put the CD on the spot at the entry to the party. It was sad. She was fretting the whole time about whether her friend would be allowed into the party. :rolleyes:

I will be a past guest for the first time in July.

I am bringing somebody special with me on this cruise who will not be until it's over.

I will certainly attempt to bring him, but I would never go without him.

I think somebody who is a significant other/spouse/partner/whatever should certainly be allowed to attend with you.

I also agree, don't bring all of your friends, they didn't earn it.

My two pennies. :eek:

Dennis

But your somebody special has earned it? :rolleyes:

Archived