Cabana rental-half moon cay???

taben

The cabana is $225 for up to 4 people. Add $50pp for each extra person.

You get chips, salsa, veggies, dips, fruit, water and soda. Floatie mats, snorkel gear. If you get one way down the beach, you'll also have more privacy.

It's worth it for me.

The cabana is $225 for up to 4 people. Add $50pp for each extra person.

You get chips, salsa, veggies, dips, fruit, water and soda. Floatie mats, snorkel gear. If you get one way down the beach, you'll also have more privacy.

It's worth it for me.

How long ago did you rent the cabana for $225? I was just told recently it was $400

How long ago did you rent the cabana for $225? I was just told recently it was $400

Feb, this year.

I guess they could have raised it, but I can't see them raising it that much.

I just rented a cabana on March 25th. Price was $225. There were 6 of us. I didn't tell them I had 2 extra people. I felt $225 was plenty and did not plan on spending another $50 p/p. I suggest you line up at the excursion desk as soon as you board. It opened a little past noon. They will ask you the size of the fins and what kind of pop you want. We opted for water and received 8 large bottles.

It was well worth the money!!!! I wish I was back there right now. Funny thing happened though. This family started to set up a tent right in front of our cabana. I couldn't believe the nerve. I asked them to please move and I paid a lot to rent this cabana. They were very polite and moved down the beach. I had the last cabana, #15. After you tender to the island go to the excursion booth and they will take you there so you don't have to walk.

Laurie

Our view from the cabana and our cabana, #15

IMG_0943.jpg.d19eaa557d7cc5a9148e92af3f6de50f.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg.cc6a1440d2eebf9f7a8e892e16043467.jpg

We had the orange cabana, just over the dune from the bathrooms...:cool:

LOVED it! There were 11 of us in our group.:o 4 kids... mostly wanted it for several of us that burn easily. Well worth the $. This beach is my favorite anywhere! No big drop-off when you go in the water like on some beaches. Also, there were these little fish that we were feeding... save some of your bread from lunch!

I am so jealous! ;)

We had the orange cabana, just over the dune from the bathrooms...:cool:

LOVED it! There were 11 of us in our group.:o 4 kids... mostly wanted it for several of us that burn easily. Well worth the $. This beach is my favorite anywhere! No big drop-off when you go in the water like on some beaches. Also, there were these little fish that we were feeding... save some of your bread from lunch!

I am so jealous! ;)

How much did it cost you for 11 people?

We had a cabana at HMC and YES it is worth it! But try not to get cabana #1 - our friends had it and people on the beach kept trying to use their shower and sit in their chairs! We were in #2 but we only had a couple of people try to make themselves home. The further down the beach you go the less crowds you have to deal with. Our group had I think 9 of the cabanas - and those that were in the higher numbers said they had no problem with it.

We had a cabana at HMC and YES it is worth it! But try not to get cabana #1 - our friends had it and people on the beach kept trying to use their shower and sit in their chairs! We were in #2 but we only had a couple of people try to make themselves home. The further down the beach you go the less crowds you have to deal with. Our group had I think 9 of the cabanas - and those that were in the higher numbers said they had no problem with it.

Do you think that Cabana #5 is a great start?

Fred

#7 & #8 seem to be about perfect they are straight down from the rest/ changing rooms.

And a shorter walk to the food pavilion.

That would put you just about at the junction in the path to turn for the food.

We had Cabana #2 in 07. The cabana's are well worth the price. I believe we had 5 people in ours. The extra charge for people over 4 is for the added food, drinks and snorkel equipment and floats. We just split the stuff we had with the 5 of us. We didn't even use all the drinks that were made available. I agree with Cabana #1, some of our friends had that one, but it was mainly because they needed one that was handicap accessible and #1 is.

We had a few people try to join us, but they were nice and moved on. We did have someone set up a clam shell right in front of the cabana but it really didn't bother the view.

When we went to the Tour desk on the ship when we got on. We had to take the first cabana available. The did not let us choose the one we wanted. We had planned to pick one further down the beach, but were still very happy with the one we had.

Enjoy!

I am a little disappointed that they don't let you choose the one you want of what is available. I was hoping to get one that is not totally shaded so I can get some sun. Anyone know which ones have sun on the deck?

Odd question for someone going to an island, I know. Just getting prepared.

What's the iguana/gecko population like around the cabanas? Are there many further back away from the beach?

What's the iguana/gecko population like around the cabanas? Are there many further back away from the beach?

Are you afraid of a little iguana gecko ?

Dont forget the sign PRIVATE CABANNA.. NO ONE IS WELCOME!

I am a little disappointed that they don't let you choose the one you want of what is available. I was hoping to get one that is not totally shaded so I can get some sun. Anyone know which ones have sun on the deck?

On Destiny in Feb. they let us choose a cabana.

I only know about 14 and 15. We had 14 and we had shade just about all the time.

15 seemed like it had lots of sun.

I don't recall seeing any iguanas or geckos.

But there were quite a few chickens!

I don't recall seeing any iguanas or geckos.

But there were quite a few chickens!

Thanks Mona. What's the shopping like at Grand Turk? Any suggestions you would give having just been on the same itinerary we're doing? Were all the cabanas rented? What was the line to rent like when you boarded?

Thanks

Lisa

Archived