Spirit Class - Aft Balcony Question

Catrin

Hello All,

We just booked our 9th Carnival Cruise.... going on the Pride next year from Miami!

We also booked our very first AFT Balcony - cabins 5270 and 5299. I have a few questions, hopefully someone with experience can answer.....

1) Has anyone stayed in these specific cabins?

2) Can the Balcony Dividers be opened between these two cabins?

3) Being on Deck 5 - can those above see down?

4) Would you book these cabins again?

Thanks!

Catrin

1) Has anyone stayed in these specific cabins?

5270 on Carnival Pride.

2) Can the Balcony Dividers be opened between these two cabins?

Yes, but you have to arrange to have them removed and stowed. They will not leave them open (and unsecured) while the ship is at sea. Spirit class ships can store a limited number of partitions.

3) Being on Deck 5 - can those above see down?

Yes and no.

Someone standing at the railing above can see someone leaning over the railing below. They can also see the "wedge:" that area under the slope of the rail. As they lean further over, they can see progressively more of your balcony. They would have to make a great effort to see the inner-most two or three feet.

However, it's easier for the cabin next to you to peek around the partition.

4) Would you book these cabins again?

Addicted.

There was just a thread here the other day, because I posted in it. I've booked an aft on Deck 5 on the Miracle and some were saying they thought it was just too hot back there, and some had trash & soot on their balconies.

Others loved it. Let's see. Let me see if I can find it.

Yes, here it is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=842559

Catrin;

My sister had 5297 and we had the wrap 5295 on Spirit. The partition was open between the two rooms, without us asking. Was not removed and did swing back and forth, so you had to put a chair or something in front of it.

There was a little soot on the chairs each morning. I just asked the steward for a rag. He left an old towel for me. Took all of 30 seconds to wipe down the furniture. I wouldn't sit out there in anything white, then again I don't wear white. I always end up with something on it.

No trash on our balconies. We had to actually put our backs against the rail and lean back to see the people above us.

All that being said, we love the aft and would sail in the broom closet to be back there. I wouldn't personally book the wrap again, because I think it was just too much extra. Sis' room was just fine. We spent a lot of time out on the balconies.

Hope I answered everything.

S.S.

We have been in that cabin on Legend last year, I loved it. I liked it so much I booked that same room on Mircale for our B2B in Nov. It is right across from the laundromat. (a good thing for a back to back).

1) Has anyone stayed in these specific cabins? Yes

2) Can the Balcony Dividers be opened between these two cabins? Yes I beleive so

3) Being on Deck 5 - can those above see down? Yes

4) Would you book these cabins again? Yes

Go For it.

There was just a thread here the other day, because I posted in it. I've booked an aft on Deck 5 on the Miracle and some were saying they thought it was just too hot back there, and some had trash & soot on their balconies.

Others loved it. Let's see. Let me see if I can find it.

Yes, here it is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=842559

Thanks... I did read the first few posts of this thread and then lost it - these boards move SO FAST!

I appreciate all the different viewpoints.

The way I figure.. an aft balcony is something DIFFERENT - and after 9 cruises, it is fun to discover and try new things!

Catrin

We stayed on 5270 on the Spirit in March this year and have had stern berths on other class ships. I agree with phroggie's responses and would add that soot, dirt and other debris seem to end up on the balconies. I would however book one again.

Thanks... I did read the first few posts of this thread and then lost it - these boards move SO FAST!

I appreciate all the different viewpoints.

The way I figure.. an aft balcony is something DIFFERENT - and after 9 cruises, it is fun to discover and try new things!

Catrin

I have an aft balcony on the spirit in Nov. I think it's room 7203 (but I could be wrong). I am also the most excited about having a different view from the other cruises we have been on. Crusing is great by itself, but new and different is better!

Archived