Spirit & Pride Slides

dodge9

I just got this official update from Carnival regarding the slide situation:

FYI everyone..

The slide has been removed off of the Pride and is being rebuilt and supposedly going to be back on the ship by this summer , the slide will be removed off the Spirit after the Hawaii run (in is also not operating) and will be replaced when they are in Vancouver, BC sometime soon.

As we all know these slides have been closed for nearly a year…hopefully with this new reengineering in design they will be up and running soon.

Also when the Spirit was in drydock, a Club 02 was added and it is a huge hit with the teens.

Hey there, fellow Pride cruiser! Thanks for the update. I know a lot of kids (and many adults) that will be pleased when both are operational again.

Since the Miracle and Legend are sister ships to the Spirit and Pride...I wonder why they have not had problems with their slides???

FYI everyone..

The slide has been removed off of the Pride and is being rebuilt and supposedly going to be back on the ship by this summer , the slide will be removed off the Spirit after the Hawaii run (in is also not operating) and will be replaced when they are in Vancouver, BC sometime soon.

As we all know these slides have been closed for nearly a year…hopefully with this new reengineering in design they will be up and running soon.

Also when the Spirit was in drydock, a Club 02 was added and it is a huge hit with the teens.

Thanks a bunch for the update - we were kind of bummed about the slide on the Pride being closed (at least 14 year old son was!) but didn't let it ruin our cruise! :D

He will be 15 when we cruise the Spirit next March so the slide and new Club 02 is great news for us!

I was bummed when it ws closed on our Pride cruise too... and I am wa more than a teenager! Bummed it took so long, but glad they are FINALLY getting it taken care of!

HI LHP!!!!

Since the Miracle and Legend are sister ships to the Spirit and Pride...I wonder why they have not had problems with their slides???

Spirit and Pride were built first and have the same "problematic" slide design.

Miracle and Legend were built later, and for whatever reason they put a new, different slide design that is not "problematic" on those ships.

Either way, it's getting fixed soon.:D

CJW

Spirit and Pride were built first and have the same "problematic" slide design.

Miracle and Legend were built later, and for whatever reason they put a new, different slide design that is not "problematic" on those ships.

Either way, it's getting fixed soon.:D

CJW

Thanks Jerome....that question was bugging me to death!! Since we are headed out on the Miracle in October, it is good to know she is operational!

The slide has been removed off of the Pride and is being rebuilt and supposedly going to be back on the ship by this summer...

We're sailing the pride on 6/11 and I know the kids we're traveling with have been looking forward to the slide. When you say the slide is "supposedly going to be back on the ship by this summer," does that mean early June or sometime later? (In other words, does anyone know if the slide might be operational in time for our sail date?)

Thanks!

Previous info was that Pride slide was planned to go in late May/early June, and Spirit after that when it gets back to Vancouver from Hawaii.

Basically earliest June to latest July (I guess depending on schedules and unforseen circumstances).

I think those are all tentative dates though.

If NRWO happens to read this, he is the one that seems to have the most up to date "secret insider" info, so maybe he'll have more up to date specifics.

NRWO you out there?

CJW

I called 1-800-CARNIVAL yesterday to check on a couple of items and while talking to the rep I asked whether the slide on the Pride would be operational in time for our 6/11 cruise. She checked and said it would not be.

:(

FYI everyone..

I just came off of the Spirit, from Alaska, and I can tell you the slide was in place...now was it a new slide:confused: but it definately was there! I saw it through my funship special!!!:p

I just came off of the Spirit, from Alaska, and I can tell you the slide was in place...now was it a new slide:confused: but it definately was there! I saw it through my funship special!!!:p

If people were using it, then it's new.

If people were not using it, (and the old one was kind of dark blue on the outside) and it looked like this:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/15811632/1015812834015330416VwBbyzBmra

http://community.webshots.com/photo/219918539/1272961666060839043YubcZv

Then it's the old one, that they haven't removed/replaced yet.

Which was it?

CJW

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, the slide was missing during our June 11-18 Pride cruise (the slide framework was visible on the aft section of the Sun Deck - Deck 10 - but there was no slide). From the looks of things, a slide will probably not be re-installed on the Pride anytime soon, especially if they plan to re-install it where it was originally, starting on Deck 10 and ending on the Lido Deck. In my opinion, the aft pool on the Lido Deck (Deck 9) is far too small to serve as the slide's "catch basin." Not only that, but that particular pool has been designated "adults only." If anything, Carnival might be considering addition of a "relocated" slide in the vicinity of one of the larger mid-ship pools on the Lido Deck, but that probably can't happen before dry dock at the earliest.

FYI, the slide was missing during our June 11-18 Pride cruise (the slide framework was visible on the aft section of the Sun Deck - Deck 10 - but there was no slide). From the looks of things, a slide will probably not be re-installed on the Pride anytime soon, especially if they plan to re-install it where it was originally, starting on Deck 10 and ending on the Lido Deck. In my opinion, the aft pool on the Lido Deck (Deck 9) is far too small to serve as the slide's "catch basin." Not only that, but that particular pool has been designated "adults only." If anything, Carnival might be considering addition of a "relocated" slide in the vicinity of one of the larger mid-ship pools on the Lido Deck, but that probably can't happen before dry dock at the earliest.

The slide never went to a pool and from what I understand neither will the replacement slide. It was a self contained unit, but the runnout at the end of the slide wasnt long enough for the speed people could pick up (dont quote me on this, its all second/third/umpteenth hand news that I have on what the replacement is to be like).

Since this thread came up again, I thought I would add the quote from CarniCrew.

She is a Carnival crew member who works in Camp Carnival, and posts here every once in a while.

For those that missed it, she posted late one night, when she was waiting at the airport. She had just come off of Spirit and was on her way to Victory.

This is what she heard as of June 14th:

Ok the spirit currently has its slide still on the ship, but it has not been working for MONTHS now! woohoo no slide duty for me!!.. the pride has removed their slide... but both ships are expecting new, and improved, safer slides to be installed over the next few months... i think the spirit will get its done when it returns to the mexican run in the fall

Just thought I'd add to the updates.

CJW

I was just curious if something happend to someone on these slides and thats why they were removed?? Hubby and I sailed the Pride shortly after she came out and one day we had the slide to ourselves. I went first and almost flew out of it on the first turn. You should have seen my husbands eyes :eek: when I got to the bottom. I didnt realize it when I was going down but both hubby and the attendant were a little freaked out.

I was just curious if something happend to someone on these slides and thats why they were removed?? Hubby and I sailed the Pride shortly after she came out and one day we had the slide to ourselves. I went first and almost flew out of it on the first turn. You should have seen my husbands eyes :eek: when I got to the bottom. I didnt realize it when I was going down but both hubby and the attendant were a little freaked out.

Yes, there were safety issues on both of these slides as they were the same design. People going too fast and either almost flying out at one turn, or some people hitting the bottom too fast.

Yes, there were safety issues on both of these slides as they were the same design. People going too fast and either almost flying out at one turn, or some people hitting the bottom too fast.

:eek:

I can certainly understand why they shut them down then. Thanks for the info Mr. Wild ;)

The slide never went to a pool and from what I understand neither will the replacement slide. It was a self contained unit, but the runnout at the end of the slide wasnt long enough for the speed people could pick up (dont quote me on this, its all second/third/umpteenth hand news that I have on what the replacement is to be like).

Since I posted an earlier message on this thread, I happened to see a picture of the old slide on somebody's Webshots site and could tell from that that the old slide didn't go all the way down to Lido deck and only went as far as the Sun deck (Deck 10). I could see how the old design could be pretty intimidating, especially since it was located high above the ship's tail whereas slides on many of the other Carnival vessels are midship with quite a bit of beam on either side.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived