Cabins 198 and 199 on the Prinsendam

mushroom

I'm looking for information about these two cabins. THey are SY category, but on the deck plan it looks like there is no balcony other than the public area on the stern of Prominade deck. Is there a balcony? If so, how does it incorporate into the rest of the stern area? Thanks for answers!

Hello! I have been in one of the aft Veranda cabins and I refer to those two SY cabins as the "fish bowls". Although the cabins have balconies, they really have little privacy. There are not many folks on the aft deck, but neither of those cabins would be my choice for the cost.

Those two cabins have balconies which are enclosed by smoked glass, which offer, IMO, no privacy. Like localady says, they are "fish bowls".

If you can book either cabin 196 or 197, they are great cabins, both for better privacy and spaciousness. We had 197 on our Prinsendam cruise and loved it, especially the true walk-in closet and huge verandah.

We had cabin 196 on our recent Baltic Cruise. The hugh balcony was perfect for relaxing and watching the world go by. As BillS said, the walk in closet was great. The cabin was roomy and private. I would choose this one (or 197) again in a heartbeat.

Thanks to Localady and BillS for their prior posts which helped me to pick this wonderful cabin.

We never saw anyone on the "fish-bowl" balconies when we were out on the back deck (which was rarely used). It also felt like our private area.

We had cabin 196 on our recent Baltic Cruise. The hugh balcony was perfect for relaxing and watching the world go by. As BillS said, the walk in closet was great. The cabin was roomy and private. I would choose this one (or 197) again in a heartbeat.

Thanks to Localady and BillS for their prior posts which helped me to pick this wonderful cabin.

We never saw anyone on the "fish-bowl" balconies when we were out on the back deck (which was rarely used). It also felt like our private area.

Sailaway-

I am so glad you got the opportunity to cruise in cabin 196. It is my all time favorite HAL cabin to date. I also adore the Elegant Explorer. It's great to know you also enjoyed the cabin, it's location and the Ship itself! Didn't you love the sunrises in the morning through the back windows??

We also sailed in 196 and believe these are the 2 best cabins on board. Actually that entire group of cabins on that deck are special. When we sailed that back deck was restricted to those cabins only - it was truly like sailing on a private yacht. The whirlpool was never ever full and in the late afternoon we had room service with drinks out on that deck - fantastic.

Archived