told no early check-in at queen mary?

Kapsgirl

talked to carnival yesterday and was told there is no such thing as early check-in for long beach at the queen mary. she made a point of telling me that i was booked on the carnival pride NOT the queen mary--as if i didn't know the difference! LOL! the lady said that no one is willing to accept responsibility for bags. she said we couldn't check-in until 1:30 for the sunday pride departure from long beach. i have read numerous times about people that have checked-in early..but not boarding till 12:30. so is there early check-in? why isn't it published in any paperwork? is boarding 12:30 or 1:30pm for long beach? THANKS for any feedback!!!! very confused. :confused:

Just back from the Pride and yes, there is early check in at the Queen Mary. We arrived about 10:00 and there were porters to take your bags (and check room number if you did not have). Lines very short at check in and you were given zone numbers. Told to stay in your zone area and boarding started around 12:00

thanks for the info!!! the carnival lady was so rude and sounded as if i didn't know what i was talking about. glad to hear that there still is early check-in. hope you enjoyed your trip! thanks for the responses!

thanks for the info!!! the carnival lady was so rude and sounded as if i didn't know what i was talking about. glad to hear that there still is early check-in. hope you enjoyed your trip! thanks for the responses!

Sounds to me like the lady needs to go back to training........ or read these boards! :)

Just saw on the news this morning that the Queen Mary is on the verge of filing for Chapter 11 - bankruptcy. Apparently owes the city of Long Beach around 3 million dollars. I know they used to give Carnival paxs special rates to stay there the night before or after a cruise, just don't know it they still do that.

You can get more information from these boards then you can from calling customer service.

The information here is by the people for the people. Cracks me up when people read something they have to call carnival to confirm what they read.

Just saw on the news this morning that the Queen Mary is on the verge of filing for Chapter 11 - bankruptcy. Apparently owes the city of Long Beach around 3 million dollars. I know they used to give Carnival paxs special rates to stay there the night before or after a cruise, just don't know it they still do that.

Company that runs Queen Mary in Long Beach files for bankruptcy

from

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=3084305

3 April I am staying there. I hope

I wouldn't worry too much about this. This argument between the owners of the Queen Mary and the City of Long Beach has been going on for several years now. I believe they were on the verge of filing for Chapter 11 a couple years ago too. The City finally stepped up to negotiate at that time, only when a Japanese company started talking about making offers to buy and take the Queen Mary to Japan. The public opposition to the Queen Mary leaving was and always has been strong.

I'm going out on the Pride. I will be staying someplace other than the Queen Mary. Can I still use the QM early check-in???

Thanks so much,

And how does everybody get the past cruises on their signatures???

You will get more accurate carnival information off these forums and it will be in a timely fashion. I have posted a question several times this past year and within 5 or 10 minutes people had responded with the info. I have waited weeks for Carnival to respond to my question sent to them.

\

Jim

Archived