Formal Nights - Triumph NEW Eastern

chilldowns

What are the nights on the Triumph for the new eastern itenerary- Half moon cay, st thomas, san juan, Turks? Going on June 2nd cruise. Heard that the 2nd formal night was the day we are in turks till 7 pm.

hi, traveling in oct. With the 2nd formal in Grand turk, i was wondering if for the early seating if it wasnt as formal? and if everyone even showed up? being were in port till 7. I definatley like early seating but i think it will suck on this night, as we will have to leave port so early to get dressed up. My MIL just got off triumph (w. car) and when they were in port she said that they just had open seating for the dining room, im wondering if they will do the same for Grand turk. (however i doubt it being a formal night). So im curious how this night went all and all. Thanks a bunch!!!

hi cruisers, i emailed carnival about this, of course i knew it would do no good, but i had to tell them what i thought. thursday is the 2nd formal night, it will not be changed i was told..geeee what brain thought up this? the triumph is at gr turk until 7pm...hmmmm we will go to the lido buffet this night. someone isnt thinking..cindy

hi cruisers, i emailed carnival about this, of course i knew it would do no good, but i had to tell them what i thought. thursday is the 2nd formal night, it will not be changed i was told..geeee what brain thought up this? the triumph is at gr turk until 7pm...hmmmm we will go to the lido buffet this night. someone isnt thinking..cindy

well, i think i may send a email as well, doesn't hurt, they say every email represents many. I love formal nights, yet i sure dont want to get on the ship that early and miss one of the ports im looking the most forward too. it will be a real toss up. i just cant see many showing up for the early seating. it would actually be good just to push back both seatings by an hour, of course those with late seating wouldnt like that then. I wish they could just do it on the last day at sea, we could still have our suitcases packed and ready to go

well, i think i may send a email as well, doesn't hurt, they say every email represents many. I love formal nights, yet i sure dont want to get on the ship that early and miss one of the ports im looking the most forward too. it will be a real toss up. i just cant see many showing up for the early seating. it would actually be good just to push back both seatings by an hour, of course those with late seating wouldnt like that then. I wish they could just do it on the last day at sea, we could still have our suitcases packed and ready to go

Where on the Carnival site can we post that complaint. I don't like being rushed trying to dress up. We sail the Eastern itinerary in July and I would like to voice my concern to add.

With this cruise leaving on a Saturday, I find it strange as well that the first formal night is not until Monday. Is that because the ship is at HMC on Sunday and that is too much to coordinate to have the formal night the same day as HMC? Formal nights on Sunday and then on Wednesday (since the ship leaves San Juan at 3:30) seems to make more sense to me than Monday and Thursday (with being at Grand Turk until 7). Since this is the same itinerary as the Freedom Floaters next April, I hope this might get changed.

I wonder why they think they Must have a second formal night? Maybe just do a semi formal night (a nice dress and guys with shirt and tie).

I agree with you on this. Why not just a semi formal night on the day we're at Grand Turk if that must be the day for the second formal night.

I agree with you on this. Why not just a semi formal night on the day we're at Grand Turk if that must be the day for the second formal night.

I also agree. Formal nights are nice, but one would be plenty on a 7 day cruise.

There's no rule that says you HAVE to observe formal night! We're just as likely to skip the second formal night, stay in port as long as possible, eat on the Lido, or whatever. Maybe to some this is a highlight of the cruise, but for us it's - eh, take it or leave it!

Where on the Carnival site can we post that complaint. I don't like being rushed trying to dress up. We sail the Eastern itinerary in July and I would like to voice my concern to add.

Hi, i just went into contact us and entered future sailing and put in my concern, They emailed me back today saying nothing other than:

"In order to better assist you, please contact one of our Cruise Consultants at 1-(800)-227-6482. For your convenience our

Cruise Consultants are now available 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

So i suggest you call. If others call and coment on there concern then maybe they willl make a change, or do open seating, like in a restraunt, (besides some will skip the meal all together if were in port till 7). i do like having a second formal, as i love to get dressed up, and there is hardly any occasions anymore to do so, however i will diffenatly go less dressy on this night do to situation.

That's too bad about the schedule for formal nights...on our Fascination cruise in late March, the dining room was nearly empty on the day we were in Calica (Playa Del Carmen) with a departure at 10:00 p.m. The lido deck was packed after 7:00 ish or so. We had 6:15 seating and bet there wasn't 25 people in the dining room. You would think it wouldn't be very cost effective for Carnival to be adhearing to the same dining room times, etc., in these situations.

I am cruising on the Triumph 9/22/07. I just called Carnival directly and they told me that our formal nights will be on Sunday 9/23 and Friday 9/28. Sounds like maybe they got enough complaints and decided to change the dates.

I am cruising on the Triumph 9/22/07. I just called Carnival directly and they told me that our formal nights will be on Sunday 9/23 and Friday 9/28. Sounds like maybe they got enough complaints and decided to change the dates.

we're on this cruise, too. Thanks!

Why would they change it to Friday night? Personally I would not like that at all- last night of the cruise - packing, leaving luggage out - last thing I want to worry about is getting ready for formal night!

Froufie

Well i just called them aswell, and i was told that this is what they usually do, however each ship decides on there own, and that they couldnt do anything and i would have to talk to people once onboard.

Why would they change it to Friday night? Personally I would not like that at all- last night of the cruise - packing, leaving luggage out - last thing I want to worry about is getting ready for formal night!

Froufie

You would rather miss time in port? or miss formal night and eat at the buffet? You dont have to pack your bags untill after dinner, or you could do it anytime during that day, You have all day to pack, you just dont pack the things you need for the night untill last, after you eat. Besides, most of the things you need, other than the formal wear,(ie makeup, etc) gets left out, and carried with you when you leave ship anyway.

Archived