Dynamic Dining Solo question

Hey CC family!:D

I have my dining booked for Dec 1 sailing, When I show up to Chic at 6pm on the 1st night will I be seated by myself in a table for 2? Or will I be seated in a table for 8 with 3 other couples? I very much want the latter.

Has anyone called RCL with this question? If so, please post your experience.

I've seen the Dynamic Dining RCL contact number posted a couple of times but can't remember exactly where. I'm going to start searching it, but I'm guessing someone here on CC has it at there finger tips to post on this thread.

Thank you :D

I don't know for sure, but, I have a nagging feeling that I have actually booked a table for 1. I've read a couple of previous posts where people were told on the phone that they are reserving a seat, not a table. The implication was that sharing was going to be possible.

Please consider reporting back on your solo dining experience! I sure would appreciate it! :) I have time to adjust and recruit dining companions from my roll call if requesting sharing at the door is not going to be possible.

I'm also curious as to how easily change requests can be accommodated once on board where it's likely we may meet others we'd like to dine with, too.

There's also another thread suggesting that RCI offer the solo traveler a chance to book a shared table at fixed times, say 6, 7:30 and 9. That's actually not a bad idea, but, I don't see it happening.

Hey CC family!:D

I have my dining booked for Dec 1 sailing, When I show up to Chic at 6pm on the 1st night will I be seated by myself in a table for 2? Or will I be seated in a table for 8 with 3 other couples? I very much want the latter.

Has anyone called RCL with this question? If so, please post your experience.

I've seen the Dynamic Dining RCL contact number posted a couple of times but can't remember exactly where. I'm going to start searching it, but I'm guessing someone here on CC has it at there finger tips to post on this thread.

Thank you :D

That's a very interesting question which concerns me, too.

That's the reason that my FIRST cruise on QOS is with a cabinmate. I won't be cruising solo until February. So I shall find out about this in December so that I can apply my knowledge later!

But come to the Meet 'n' Mingle. If things aren't working out as a solo diner, you will be welcome to join us.

See you on board on 12/1/14! ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Adding my 2 cents to sign on to this thread.

As a frequently solo cruiser, this one issue has the very huge potential to change the cruise decisions for a LOT of people, and trust me, I do not say that lightly. Having a set group of folks to meet with each evening has always been one of the highlights of each cruise.

Unfortunately, it appears that solo cruisers are still not even yet an after-thought to this new dining plan, so we have no clue how they will be handled.

I sailed NCL's Epic once, and in spite of their claims that singles would be accommodated and paired with other groups as they walk in, that was simply not the case, as no other parties - who were sailing together, and had arrived together - were willing to add one lone diner to their table. The accounts above bring back unpleasant memories of sitting by myself at a table for two, wishing they would hurry up and finish serving, so I could get out of there.

Solo cruisers have always been the second class citizens of the cruise industry, this may be the final verse of the song that sings, "Go away, we really don't want you here."

Theron

Hi everyone,

I just posted this on the main RCL forum with regard to all the various threads being debated over there regarding DD. Specific to this thread regarding dining:

Q: Do I have to make reservations prior to the cruise, or will I be able to make reservations once onboard?

A: In order to satisfy all guests’ preferences, we encourage guests to make restaurant reservations prior to their cruise. However, once onboard, guests will have the ability to make and edit reservations.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...inary_FAQs.pdf

I just had a nice chat with the C&A desk. Like MTD, Q is prepared for the walk-up crowd at each venue... of course based on availability. All 4000 people on board cannot walk up to the Grande all at 6pm and expect to be seated, yes? They have left a lot of open seating at each venue, so even though your planner might say nothing avail in Chic until 9pm, they likely actually do... on every single sailing.

I told her that I had booked all my dining, that I'm happy with timing and venues. I let her know as a solo I wish to know whether I'll be seated with others or alone. She told me as booked on the planner that I'll be seated alone and therefore my seat and time is guaranteed... BUT, just like MTD, walk-ups will be seated first come first serve and be asked if they wish to be seated alone or with others in larger tables just like it is right now in MTD. SO she asked me to see the Maitre-D when I show up and ask to be seated with others, which will then be able to free up a table for 2 for someone else. :D

Hope this info helps those of you who were concerned that you would never meet or sit with other people, or you had to pre-book every single meal. If anyone else has any other "first-hand" info from RCL regarding this please share. Thx CC family :)

Dining alone has also been a worry to me for my booked Quantum and Anthem cruises. When I received a call to book my reservations awhile back. I told the woman I spoke to that I didn't want to dine alone. My reservation was supposed to be marked to dine with others. Whether it was I'll never know.

I recently sent an email in reference to a cruise I have coming up in October, and also asked if there was any new info on solo dining on Quantum. This was response I received yesterday:

Regarding Dynamic Dining and eating alone, regrettably, we do not have full details at this time on how that will work. However, we can advise you that guests requesting tables for two are difficult to accommodate as our smaller tables are limited. As you are requesting to be seated at a larger table, this should be a relatively easy thing to do. We would recommend that you make sure your reservation is remarked that you would like a larger table and to please speak with the Head Waiter once onboard to ensure you are seated with others.

Dining alone has also been a worry to me for my booked Quantum and Anthem cruises. When I received a call to book my reservations awhile back. I told the woman I spoke to that I didn't want to dine alone. My reservation was supposed to be marked to dine with others. Whether it was I'll never know.

I recently sent an email in reference to a cruise I have coming up in October, and also asked if there was any new info on solo dining on Quantum. This was response I received yesterday:

Regarding Dynamic Dining and eating alone, regrettably, we do not have full details at this time on how that will work. However, we can advise you that guests requesting tables for two are difficult to accommodate as our smaller tables are limited. As you are requesting to be seated at a larger table, this should be a relatively easy thing to do. We would recommend that you make sure your reservation is remarked that you would like a larger table and to please speak with the Head Waiter once onboard to ensure you are seated with others.

I like that last part, do they know what Dynamic Dining means? Which head waiter would they expect you to talk to, all of them? Sounds like the opposite of the "have your first day back" line they've been promoting.

I like that last part, do they know what Dynamic Dining means? Which head waiter would they expect you to talk to, all of them? Sounds like the opposite of the "have your first day back" line they've been promoting.

Perhaps they are referring to the process you can use for the first couple hours on board where you go to the dining room and make changes to your dining schedule/table, etc. Of course, this process may become meaningless once DD is fully implemented. What is there left to change?

Theron