Norwegian Cruise Line Waives Cover at Popular Asian Restaurants Across Fleet

LauraS

Its a real pity their staff don't know this!!!

We're cruising on Wenesday out of Barcelona ans our reservation in Shogun had vanished. I long phone call to the UK re booked it , but there was no mention of it not being on the "special dinning" option any more.

This one showing on the NCL website seems to be a streamed down version of others I have seen. perhaps this is it;

Jasmine Garden Menu

** although the menu itself says there is a charge the part I clicked through to arrive at it says the venue is complimentary.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Am I the only one that misses the Mexican restaurants on NCL? I used to love that one. They used to have that special meal with skewers of meat that hung from a display that you could make fajitas with. I wish they would bring good Mexican back as an option. I am not interested in Chinese and at least it would be a better variation from already having Japanese in Tepanyaki.

Am I the only one that misses the Mexican restaurants on NCL? I used to love that one. They used to have that special meal with skewers of meat that hung from a display that you could make fajitas with. I wish they would bring good Mexican back as an option. I am not interested in Chinese and at least it would be a better variation from already having Japanese in Tepanyaki.

Yes yes and yes!! We went once to Salsas, when we were on the Dawn, as our embarkation meal. It was complimentary back then, but I wouldn't mind a Mexican specialty restaurant with a cover charge if it's really good. We enjoyed that restaurant very much. They also had a tapas bar over there. And the dishes they indicated as spicy were actually spicy (but they would make food more mild if you requested, which I did...DH is the one who loves really spicy food). I don't understand why they don't have Mexican restaurants anymore...well, I'm sure it's because they didn't make as much of a profit as they would have liked but I would really love it if they brought them back.

This one showing on the NCL website seems to be a streamed down version of others I have seen. perhaps this is it;

Jasmine Garden Menu

** although the menu itself says there is a charge the part I clicked through to arrive at it says the venue is complimentary. Rochelle

These are the new menus from the Gem. They say "Fleet" & "4/15 "near the bottom:

AsianPage1.jpg

Asian%2520Page2.jpg

Thanks to both - very interesting, maybe NCL is still experimenting with the menus on different ships and it isn't finalized. Water-downed choices, maybe let's just call it resized so that procurement would approve - easier to be inline with or below budget. Hmmm, a chocolate dessert being Asian-themed and what's that new salad ?? - somebody ought to do a taste test & report back.

NCL, how about wonton soup - it's like Apple pie in the Americas. Was not impressed with either egg drop or hot & sour soup, would chicken noodles or chicken rice broth be available ?? Or, that Vietnamese Chicken Pho on the Breakaway's MDR menu wasn't bad - bring it on.

Gone from the GEM is the spare ribs, Mahi-Mahi and Chinese scallops - any chance for Peking Duck now available in Ocean Blue to be part of the Asian menu ?

Edited by mking8288

These are the new menus from the Gem. They say "Fleet" & "4/15 "near the bottom:

AsianPage1.jpg

Asian%2520Page2.jpg

This is very helpful, thanks! Sorry to see my favorite spiced lamb curry go, as well as the crème brulee trio and especially the banana pancakes with coconut ice cream and caramel sauce. IMHO they should at least have left that delicious ice cream... :cool:

This is very helpful, thanks! Sorry to see my favorite spiced lamb curry go, as well as the crème brulee trio and especially the banana pancakes with coconut ice cream and caramel sauce. IMHO they should at least have left that delicious ice cream... :cool:

We saw curry chicken and sweet & sour pork - curry - tasted okay, pork - not so much - on the Breakaway menu for Asian night in the buffet, maybe they can do that - our butler friend said one can blame it for rising costs of meat & ingredients. I hope steamed long grain white rice is available upon request (brown rice would be asking for too much) since it's provided in the buffet.

Seaweed salad is easier to be understand by all (finally looked it up) instead of calling it Wakame salad, sigh ! Whatever happened to Shabu Shabu ?? Collateral damages from cost-cutting :D:D

Il Popo! We loved it in both Tango and Mambo.