P & O- bookings from North America (Help)

ledodeck01

I have been interested in P&O for sometime- we were docked by the Britannia in one Caribbean port and it looked amazing. We also talked to a few passengers there who were really enjoying their trip. I am looking for new itineraries (particularly those that include Iceland and Norway).

The problem is that I live in Canada and there is no marketing materials or support available. Our local travel agency personnel told me that P&O doesn't exist any more. When I told them that it remains one of the largest cruise companies on the world, the lady merely shrugged her shoulders and gave a blank stare. I assume P&O has a agreement with Princess not to directly market into its territory but I know P&O accepts travellers from Canada

I would like to know of any travel agencies in Canada that would be knowledgeable and helpful in booking P&O. Alternatively, could I hear from any North American passengers who booked P&O and could provide helpful tips (and traps) that they may have encountered.

Thanks

Peter, Calgary, Canada

P&O Britannia is a lovely ship and we were on her in the Caribbean last year. The ship is the same design as Royal Princess and Regal Princess but is not quite as glamorous. Some of the ships in the P&O fleet are the same design as some in the Princess fleet.

Princess and P&O are both part of the Carnival group.

If it's materials you want could you request a brochure to be posted to you on the website? Is it possible to book directly with P&O from Canada using the website? If so and you are worried about how to get to the ship once you're here we could advise - you may even be able to get a P&O coach from the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is what is says on the P&O website:

If you are a resident of a country outside of the UK you will be required to make a P&O Cruises booking via our International Customer Contact Centre on (+44) 2380 657064, who will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately our website here in the UK does not currently support overseas addresses.

The Britannia has the lovely Crows Nest bar at the front which the Royal and Regal don't

Yes, sadly lacking on Royal Princess but the atrium is much nicer than on Britannia. We sailed on both ships last year.

Saying that however the Crows Nest bar is my favourite bar out of all of them on both ships.

I'm sorry but solicitation of travel agency referrals is not permitted on our message boards. As suggested earlier you can contact P&O directly for info about all of their sailings. P&O (UK), P&O (Aus) and all of their other services including European ferry services are all a part of Carnival Corp.

I'm sorry but solicitation of travel agency referrals is not permitted on our message boards. As suggested earlier you can contact P&O directly for info about all of their sailings. P&O (UK), P&O (Aus) and all of their other services including European ferry services are all a part of Carnival Corp.

The travel agent mentioned came from a sticky thread on these boards posted by Christopher Edgington himself on a Cruise Critic hosted chat session, that's still there if you want to delete that post too, its been there for two years and not been redacted. If you ring P&O about booking from North America they tell you to contact that travel agent...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1964257

Hence the use of the name in the posts you have deleted.

Edited by CCFC

The travel agent mentioned came from a sticky thread on these boards posted by Christopher Edgington himself on a Cruise Critic hosted chat session, that's still there if you want to delete that post too, its been there for two years and not been redacted. If you ring P&O about booking from North America they tell you to contact that travel agent...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1964257

Hence the use of the name in the posts you have deleted.

Thank you, that's exactly why I quoted the name as Christopher Edgington has confirmed it is the ONLY way to book from North America. We are not advising any travel agent in preference to another. They can not actually book direct with P&O.

Edited by Gettingwarmer

Agreeing with CCFC and terrier.

As I'd said though, while you're in Europe (after you've booked your cruise through a certain travel agent of course) you could do a back to back cruise or stay in London for a few days to make to most out of your trip across the pond. If you're going for a balcony to the Fjords I would recommend Ventura or Azura as the balconies are bigger on those ships (C-Deck balconies being the biggest and best for the price) and you sail through more fjords. P&O is very similar to Princess in many respects.

Dan

P&O ferries are not part of Carnival and have no connection with P&O cruises.

P&O ferries are owned by Dubai World.

Brian

I apologize.

I have been a shareholder of P&O and later Carnival because of the business combination and always thought that P & O kept all the ferry business. They did not. They were engaged in selling (or trading it off) the ferry operations over the years ending in 2002.

There also was confusion when the Canadian Pacific Railroad operated a few ferries in British Columbia and Washington state under the Princess name until the late 1990's. The CPR ferries never had any affiliation with P&O.

Sorry- never thought about it. I can understand how you may not want to commercialize Cruise critic. It is such a great resource for all of us. Sorry again

We live in the US and have taken 2 P & O cruises and have one booked for next year. As others have said, the only way to do it from our side of the pond is to call the P & O UK number. This has not been a problem for us. In fact the young lady we have dealt with has called us back when we have given her our number so that we did not have to pay huge overseas call fees. She has been wonderful and has booked all three cruises for us.

We were on Arcadia last year for a cruise from Southampton to Norway, Iceland, and the Faroe Islands. We were supposed to stop in the Orkneys but bad weather prohibited that stop and we went instead to Belfast. We loved Arcadia and are booked on her next year for a Baltic cruise. We have found P & O to be very reasonably priced and very convenient when we want to do some more touring in the UK. Last year (and next year as well) we tied our P & O cruise into a transatlantic crossing on the QM2. Arrived in Southampton one day, spent one night, and boarded the P & O cruise the next day - much better than flying when you have the time.

• 2 weeks later...

We're also Canadians and booked our first 2 cruises with P&O. I sent an email to International Customer Care and requested they call me to complete the bookings. Asked them to call me at 9 AM our time (have to keep in mind time difference). Process was fairly simple and P&O issued an emails confirming bookings.

I also found out we cannot enter the online Personal Information on the P&O website. I was able to load the Passport information, but not the other details.I called the International Customer tel. no as shown above, and information was once again handled over the phone for both cruises. Process was fairly quick.

• 4 weeks later...