Carnival Sunshine Funtimes

Northern Nickel

I am anxious to see the Fun times and menu as well, as we have this itinerary booked in April. But the Sunshine doesn't start this itinerary until December. Hopefully someone will post them early next year.

Here are the Fun Times from our Sunshine 8-Day Eastern Caribbean cruise in April 2016.

I kept these and had intended to write a full review but just never had the time to get it done. We loved the Sunshine and would go again in a heartbeat.

These Fun Times and a whole bunch more photos are all on Flickr as well:

And there are some YouTube videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gxXvjl-gqP4i-2g2lcvCw

Day 1

30317374490_c62798f938_b.jpg

30317374350_8799eb9454_b.jpg

Not sure if they will all fit on one post, so I'll just put one day at a time....

Oh my gosh, thank you so much, Native!! That is awesome I am so glad to see they have PG comedy at 7:30 & 8:30. Sometimes it seems they only have 7:30 and it is hard to get through dinner and get there in time. THANK you so much for posting this.

Did you enjoy the ports? Any advice?

We had never been to these ports so we did a lot of research early on. Snorkeling and being in the water are important to us and are the main criteria for any of the excursions we looked at. We generally prefer private tours instead of the cruise line excursions. Trip Advisor worked pretty good for looking into activities.

In St. Maarten, we booked a pretty much all day tour with Soualiga Tours. Capt. Bob was great to deal with and the tour itself was fantastic. Just a short walk from the cruise port. Went all the way around the island. Stopped at Tintamarre to snorkel with the turtles, then to Pinel Island for a little beach time. Another snorkel stop, then anchored off the beach for lunch at a little locals-only type restaurant where the food was excellent. Then over to Maho beach to look for planes coming in. Only saw a couple small ones while we were there. On the way back, we got to see all the beachfront estates, including Donald Trump's.

We couldn't find a private tour we liked in St. Kitts so we booked a snorkel and sail trip through Carnival. It was fun and pretty much what we expected for a ship excursion. Sailed for about an hour to a secluded part of the island and snorkeled around a partially submerged shipwreck. Lots of fish to see but not much coral, just rocky. Another hour back with lots of rum punch and music. Left plenty of time in port to get back to the ship, change clothes and head back to the shopping area.

In San Juan, we just walked around on our own. Found the San Juan Gate and a pretty cool church we could walk around in. Also explored the fort that is closer to the port, we didn't go out to the other one.

For Grand Turk, we booked ahead with Donovan at White Sands that we also found on Trip Advisor. They are right on the beach as you get off the pier. Only about 10 people on our boat compared to at least 50 on some of the other boats we saw. Went to a couple great snorkel spots, saw lots of fish and coral. They have a couple nurse sharks they feed. Then we got to collect some conchs and went to a small uninhabited island where the conchs were cleaned. Capt. Brent made up some conch salad for us. I liked it but probably not for everyone. We also got to keep the conch shell.

All in all, a great trip.