2 bedroom suite

We are thinking of trying out NCL next year. Sorry if the following questions have been asked before.

(1) It will be me and Mrs., my sister and BIL, would a 2 bedroom suite be too small for 4 of us sharing?

(2) Are all 2 bedrooms the same size on all ships?

(3) Are all 2 bedrooms located within the Haven on ships that have them?

I suppose 2 regular balconies will be cheaper than one 2 bedroom suite configuration but just collecting info at this time.

Thanks for any and all response in advance.

Any particular ship?

The Jewel class ships have 2 bedroom suites in the Haven and out of the Haven. Those in get access, out do not.

The bedrooms are far from equal. You should be able to google for pictures. There are two ways to consider. Splitting time in the middle by trading rooms or those in the master pay a larger share.

If you go with 2 balconies there are no suite perks. Depends what you put value on.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We are thinking of trying out NCL next year. Sorry if the following questions have been asked before.

(1) It will be me and Mrs., my sister and BIL, would a 2 bedroom suite be too small for 4 of us sharing?

(2) Are all 2 bedrooms the same size on all ships?

(3) Are all 2 bedrooms located within the Haven on ships that have them?

I suppose 2 regular balconies will be cheaper than one 2 bedroom suite configuration but just collecting info at this time.

Thanks for any and all response in advance.

We did a 2 br family suite on deck 11 on the Jewel. We just got back Sunday 10/20. There is plenty of room for 4 adults. The only issue may be who gets the little bedroom and who gets the big bedroom. We had 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids. It worked great and the kids really only slept in the little bedroom. But they had their own bathroom. When we were in the cabin we hung out on the balcony or in the living area. The butler service was perfect and the priority embarkation, tender and disembarkation were wonderful! We were spoiled. You cannot go wrong with this suite. This was not in the haven and I think that depends on the ship, as different ships have different configurations for their suites. Some have Suites that are not Haven and Haven suites, while other ships have only Haven suites.

We did a 2 br family suite on deck 11 on the Jewel. We just got back Sunday 10/20. There is plenty of room for 4 adults. The only issue may be who gets the little bedroom and who gets the big bedroom. We had 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids. It worked great and the kids really only slept in the little bedroom. But they had their own bathroom. When we were in the cabin we hung out on the balcony or in the living area. The butler service was perfect and the priority embarkation, tender and disembarkation were wonderful! We were spoiled. You cannot go wrong with this suite. This was not in the haven and I think that depends on the ship, as different ships have different configurations for their suites. Some have Suites that are not Haven and Haven suites, while other ships have only Haven suites.

That is interesting to know for future reference. We have 3 children also, but are doing 2 mini suites with a connecting door for our December cruise on the Jewel. My parents are taking all the kids and grandkids, and the family suite was more expensive than two mini suites (that was what my dad was told by his TA), plus we all wanted to be together, so this worked out better on this trip. However, for future trips where it's just me and hubby and the kids, the family suite sounds much better with the extra perks. Thanks for the info! Also, do you happen to have the Splash Academy dailies for your recent cruise? I would love to see them if you can scan them and post them! All together we will have kids that are 9, 10, 12, and 16.

That is interesting to know for future reference. We have 3 children also, but are doing 2 mini suites with a connecting door for our December cruise on the Jewel. My parents are taking all the kids and grandkids, and the family suite was more expensive than two mini suites (that was what my dad was told by his TA), plus we all wanted to be together, so this worked out better on this trip. However, for future trips where it's just me and hubby and the kids, the family suite sounds much better with the extra perks. Thanks for the info! Also, do you happen to have the Splash Academy dailies for your recent cruise? I would love to see them if you can scan them and post them! All together we will have kids that are 9, 10, 12, and 16.

Here is what we did. We did the family suite 11530 with the connecting mini-suite 11532 for my parents. It was great. My parents had their own stateroom, but we were right next door and had the adjoining door open all the time. At the time we booked the Family suite was not that much more expensive than booking 2 connecting staterooms for the 5 of us. Plus with bringing my parents, it meant only booking 2 staterooms for the 7 of us instead of 3. We went for the Family Suite (I think it was $400 more total than the 2 connecting staterooms) then the connecting mini. The perks alone were worth the extra $400. We got priority embarkation which was a god send the 1st day because it was a zoo in NOLA since it was the 1st cruise out of that port for the Jewel and the 1st day that the Julia Terminal was in use for the season. Priority tender was nice too - the regular line to get off the ship for Belize was insane. The same with leaving the ship the last day. The line was nearly wrapped around the ship by about 0800. We met the concierge at the time we were told in the letter left us on Friday and literally walked right off the ship at 0845. We were through customs and I was walking to the car by 0900.

Our kids are 12, 10 and 6. My only disappointment with this cruise was the kids club. They had to combine the 6-9 and 10-12 yr olds and that did not sit well with my 10 and 12 yr old. The games & activities were geared more toward the little kids and the bigger kids got bored. Also, they had Splash Academy activities going on during the day at the same time as the Nick Crew were doing different activities elsewhere on the ship. So we missed a few things. Hopefully when you cruise there will be more kids and they won't have to combine the age groups. Do NOT MISS Slime Time Live. Have your kids sit in front and on the aisles. 2 of our 3 kids got picked for one of the challenges up on stage. They are still talking about it.

One of these days, I'll have enough time to sit down and write a review of this cruise. I have many pictures, but sadly I did not take enough pictures of our suite like I had planned. I am hoping to write one - or at least get one started tomorrow. Look for it and let me know what you think.

We will be doing a 2 bedroom family suite with 3 of us. I must agree with the poster that said there is a big difference in the bedrooms. My DH and I will get the large room and Sis in Law the smaller room. Of course we are not making her pay 1/3 because of the rooms but she is happy to be going and she will get the suite perks so that makes her even happier.

Here is what we did. We did the family suite 11530 with the connecting mini-suite 11532 for my parents. It was great. My parents had their own stateroom, but we were right next door and had the adjoining door open all the time. At the time we booked the Family suite was not that much more expensive than booking 2 connecting staterooms for the 5 of us. Plus with bringing my parents, it meant only booking 2 staterooms for the 7 of us instead of 3. We went for the Family Suite (I think it was $400 more total than the 2 connecting staterooms) then the connecting mini. The perks alone were worth the extra $400. We got priority embarkation which was a god send the 1st day because it was a zoo in NOLA since it was the 1st cruise out of that port for the Jewel and the 1st day that the Julia Terminal was in use for the season. Priority tender was nice too - the regular line to get off the ship for Belize was insane. The same with leaving the ship the last day. The line was nearly wrapped around the ship by about 0800. We met the concierge at the time we were told in the letter left us on Friday and literally walked right off the ship at 0845. We were through customs and I was walking to the car by 0900.

Our kids are 12, 10 and 6. My only disappointment with this cruise was the kids club. They had to combine the 6-9 and 10-12 yr olds and that did not sit well with my 10 and 12 yr old. The games & activities were geared more toward the little kids and the bigger kids got bored. Also, they had Splash Academy activities going on during the day at the same time as the Nick Crew were doing different activities elsewhere on the ship. So we missed a few things. Hopefully when you cruise there will be more kids and they won't have to combine the age groups. Do NOT MISS Slime Time Live. Have your kids sit in front and on the aisles. 2 of our 3 kids got picked for one of the challenges up on stage. They are still talking about it.

One of these days, I'll have enough time to sit down and write a review of this cruise. I have many pictures, but sadly I did not take enough pictures of our suite like I had planned. I am hoping to write one - or at least get one started tomorrow. Look for it and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the info on Slime Time Live. This is our first cruise, so I don't know anything about it, but we will make sure not to miss it. NCL's website says that they combine the kids groups during the off season, but I've never been able to get an answer from NCL on when the off season is. I have heard from this forum that it's more likely they combine when there are not a lot of kids in each age group, that's what it sounds like with your cruise as well. I guess we will just wait and see. My 10 year old daughter would love to be with her 9 year old sisters, but I don't think my 12 year old nephew will want to be with the 6 and 7 year olds. Can you post the Splash Academy dailies when you do your review if you still have them? Thanks!!

Any particular ship?

The Jewel class ships have 2 bedroom suites in the Haven and out of the Haven. Those in get access, out do not.

The bedrooms are far from equal. You should be able to google for pictures. There are two ways to consider. Splitting time in the middle by trading rooms or those in the master pay a larger share.

If you go with 2 balconies there are no suite perks. Depends what you put value on.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The only time we can do a cruise together is first 2 weeks of May.

We like to do a Caribbean itin.

I haven't done much research yet (I should) and I really appreciate everyone offering advice.

Which ship? I have no idea yet. Me and Mrs. have done 5 cruises on different lines so far, my gut feeling is the new ships cost more so a "newer" ship would suit us fine. Sister and my BIL only had done 1 cruise, I believe it was called Song of Norway, they got that via their timeshare exchange, it was before us doing our own first cruise in 1991 (our delayed honeymoon due to work load and other personal reasons).

All that said, I did some mock booking, forgot which NCL ship but I suspect it's the Epic's Haven, I think it's a 7 day Caribbean December 2014 or something, sorry, my recollection might be all wrong, 4 of us Haven 2 bedroom I think it clocked in at around $6,500 all in (other than onboard gratuity charges and extra spending). Not too bad, a tad on the expensive side but it's the Haven, from what I have been reading, life is pretty good there!

Thanks.

Thanks for your additional input.

I think we'll just let them use the main bedroom, if they want to switch during the week, fine with us.

We're family, if we just each share 1/4 of the total cruise fare, even if they have the main bedroom for the duration, that's fine. I am sure they will offer to pay for some of the meals in the specialty restaurants. (I am assume Mrs. is OK with that, I think she will be!)

I have seen some Youtube clips, the smaller bedroom is not too bad, one upper (I think that one drops down from the ceiling and one single below), that's OK, we are not big people.

Thanks again.

Edited by Retiringworkingstiff

For reference, these are pics from 16016, a 2 bedroom haven suite on the Epic. For me, the perks alone are worth it.

This is the 2nd bedroom - you can skip the upper bunk and the bottom bed can be set up as a full size (double) bed. In this pic it's a twin, but if you want full, it can be set up like that and a bed topper is put on it - very comfortable.

Here it is made up with a bed

DSC_0088.jpg

Here it is before they made the beds up - the red couch turns into the bed and like I said, it can be made into a full size and it's comfortable, it's just a small room.

DSC_0068.jpg

This is the main bedroom

DSC_0070.jpg

The difference in bathrooms is big too - the main bathroom:

DSC_0071.jpg

The 2nd bathroom

DSC_0069.jpg

If you have no problem in the smaller bedroom, like I said I think the perks are worth it. You can all eat in the private restaurant (depends on ship, Epic, Breakaway and Getaway all have a private restaurant, the others with Haven you can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's). I love having priority services like for shows, embarkation and disembarkation, etc.

Whatever you do, enjoy!!! I am currently in post-cruise-depression. one week off of Breakaway and still in denial that it's over ;)

For reference, these are pics from 16016, a 2 bedroom haven suite on the Epic. For me, the perks alone are worth it.

This is the 2nd bedroom - you can skip the upper bunk and the bottom bed can be set up as a full size (double) bed. In this pic it's a twin, but if you want full, it can be set up like that and a bed topper is put on it - very comfortable.

Here it is made up with a bed

DSC_0088.jpg

Here it is before they made the beds up - the red couch turns into the bed and like I said, it can be made into a full size and it's comfortable, it's just a small room.

DSC_0068.jpg

This is the main bedroom

DSC_0070.jpg

The difference in bathrooms is big too - the main bathroom:

DSC_0071.jpg

The 2nd bathroom

DSC_0069.jpg

If you have no problem in the smaller bedroom, like I said I think the perks are worth it. You can all eat in the private restaurant (depends on ship, Epic, Breakaway and Getaway all have a private restaurant, the others with Haven you can eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's). I love having priority services like for shows, embarkation and disembarkation, etc.

Whatever you do, enjoy!!! I am currently in post-cruise-depression. one week off of Breakaway and still in denial that it's over ;)

Thank you SO MUCH!

Beautiful pics too.

Just one question, hope you don't mind, both Mrs. and myself use a CPAP, is there an outlet (or 2) inside the smaller bedroom.

The main parameter is we can only do it first 2 weeks of May so I will look at those 3 ships you mentioned. If none of them do the Caribbean at that particular time window, might have to look at other ships and check out the size of their 2 bedroom Haven suite, I have to research more.

We are all late 50s, BIL is 63, so peace and quiet is important for us. I believe most Havens have a small private pool, hot tub, sauna and maybe steam room.

Thanks again.

Edited by Retiringworkingstiff

Thank you SO MUCH!

Beautiful pics too.

Just one question, hope you don't mind, both Mrs. and myself use a CPAP, is there an outlet (or 2) inside the smaller bedroom.

The main parameter is we can only do it first 2 weeks of May so I will look at those 3 ships you mentioned. If none of them do the Caribbean at that particular time window, might have to look at other ships and check out the size of their 2 bedroom Haven suite, I have to research more.

We are all late 50s, BIL is 63, so peace and quiet is important for us. I believe most Havens have a small private pool, hot tub, sauna and maybe steam room.

Thanks again.

Yes, there's a little desk area with a mirror and a little chair and hair dryer in the 2nd bedroom to the right of the closet (closet is across from bed and then closer to the door is the little vanity area. There's a plug there. You can bring an extension cord or power strip for your cpaps.

I think the only ship to the Caribbean at that time is the Getaway.

DH and I both use CPAPs too. Where ever you book, where ever you sleep, bring extension cords! For some reason every stateroom or suite we have slept in only had one outlet close to the bed. Bring extension cords. The front desk can provide them, but you have to remember to return them before disembarkation. Have a great time!

• 3 years later...