Just off Carnival Legend!

Foodie39

I know when I was planning my cruise, I loved reading everyone else's reviews, so here is my contribution! A little about us, this was my second cruise, and DH's first. We are not big gamblers or drinkers. I just finished my Masters, so this was a celebration cruise for us.

Day one- I had a ton of information gathered for this cruise, as we were not planning on doing any set excursions- from what to do, where and what to eat, how to get where we wanted to go, and what to shop for. I thought I was very efficient, and had it all in a spreadsheet. Right before leaving for the pier, (we live in the Tampa area) I printed the information. We were cutting it close for the time to get to the pier, so we were a little bit nervous. Several blocks from the house, I realized that all the info I had gathered and printed was still sitting on the printer! :( We decided to not turn back, because if we missed the ship, then having all that information would not do us any good anyway! We get on with no problems, and carried all our luggage aboard. Even the rum runners made it through without a problem despite being now in 'carry on' luggage. I don't know if it is because it was so late, or they really didn't see them on the x-ray, but it was all good. We had an OV cabin, and walked right in. We unpacked, and then went almost straight to the Muster drill (I told you we were late!) After the relatively painless drill, we went to the grill for some burgers and hot dogs. I had a cheeseburger, and DH had a hot dog. I enjoyed the sauteed onions and mushrooms for the burger. Fries were ok, but a little cold.

Attempting to add photos. More to come.

062qk.jpg

Tampa skyline from the ship.

076copy.jpg

080y.jpg

The first night we went to the steakhouse. For all those who have asked if it is worth it, if you are at all into food, and consider yourself even a slight 'foodie'- then the answer is absolutely yes!! If you don't really care about food, you may not think it is worth it. We loved it, the service was great. We were allowed to order 2 appetizers instead of the salad course. The first time we went, we had the crab cake, tuna tartar, Caesar salad and lobster bisque. Entrees were bone in ribeyes for both of us- pittsburg style, med rare. Dessert- DH got the chocolate sampler, and I got the apple dessert. I thought it was a little too sweet, but DH loved the sampler. The only thing we were not wild about was the salad, but everything else was great. The free wine was drinkable.....

The pictures of the food did not come out that great- but you get the idea!

086copy.jpg

087q.jpg

089copy.jpg

:p Yummy!!

That night we just hung out and explored the ship. We were amazed at how nice everyone was, and how clean they kept the ship. The room was fine for our purposes, however we will probably try a balcony for the next one! Our first towel animal... yes we got one on the first night!

085copyg.jpg

The Lobster Bisque pic is making my mouth water (I don't care how good or bad the pic is! :D).....would love to hear more about the tuna tartare (I assume that is the first pic?)

Hubby ordered it, and neither of us liked the lobster bisque at all. It was too sweet.

I ordered the tuna tartare, and it was AWESOME!! Definitely recommend that one.

Is it true that if you dine in the Golden Fleece the first night you get a complimentary bottle of wine? And, if so, do you have a choice of what wine to drink?

Your review is wonderful, and I look forward to more please!!! We sail on her in 20 weeks.....:eek:

Thank you.

JW

[]Is it true that if you dine in the Golden Fleece the first night you get a complimentary bottle of wine? And, if so, do you have a choice of what wine to drink?

It is true you do get a free bottle of red or white in the steakhouse on the 1st night - I believe it is the Santa Carolina from Chile......

Archived