On the Equinox now - Beverage Package Classic

Sandy1975

Im currently on the Equinox now. There have been questions about what is included in the classic package in terms of Cafe Al Bacio.

I can definitely confirm that the Aspen and any of the otherexploringoffees are included. Im enjoying one right now :)

First Time on an S class ship and I really like the Equinox! Very different from M class. It is a 10 day cruise so no many kids on onboard that I can see so far. I also see that there are a good amount of younger couples ( we are in our late 30's) no that it matters.

For those curious about boarding time, we got to the port around 10:40 (using Uber! ) and were on the ship at 11:15! Had a nice lunch at Oceanview cafe (a lot nicer th s t M class) and started exploring.

I might post about my experience wherever I get wifi connection.

Also for those that have the classic and care about vodka, K etel One, which is better than the other options under classic IMO is included.

I will be on till departure son if you have questions you have another 3 hours to ask. Otherwise I will get back to you when im in St Thomas!

Oh, and sorry this post is all over the place but im just writing as I think of things!

Edited by Sandy1975

We did the TA aboard Equinox a couple of weeks ago. Such a classy ship and probably the friendliest crew we have ever encountered. We will be on Reflection in January and have the Classic Drink Package. Do you recall what Rums (besides Bacardi) are included? Also, for my wife, is Bombay Saphire gin included?

thanks...

OMG! Sorry about the typos but my phone auto correct has its own mind!

Putting clothes away. I think that I like M class closet space better. For what is worth, im on a balcony, mid ship deck 7. I took pics of room and will post them when I return.

Correcting about closet space: I think it is sufficient. I didn't see the drawers under TV.

Edited by Sandy1975

We did the TA aboard Equinox a couple of weeks ago. Such a classy ship and probably the friendliest crew we have ever encountered. We will be on Reflection in January and have the Classic Drink Package. Do you recall what Rums (besides Bacardi) are included? Also, for my wife, is Bombay Saphire gin included?

thanks...

It was included (in May 2104 when Celebrity posted the official list) until they changed the Classic Beverage Package recently - it isn't included anymore. That and many other brands are now only on Premium. Here is the new official list from the Celebrity website.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

thanks...

I can definitely answer rums as that is what I drink. Bacardi brands (including Bacardi 8) are in classic. Mountgay Rum, 10 Cane Sugar ( I think that is that is the name) and another one I never heard of are in Premium.

Sadly, Bombay Sapphire is in premium but Tanqueray is in classic.

I read over the new listing of classic package and it says "Fountain sodas". Does some know if that mean we can no longer get cans of soda on the classic package? Also, husband drinks Crown Royal, is that included in classic package?

I saw someone getting can Soda classic but I will ask (only drink soda as mixer. Just to be clear, this is the alcoholic beverages package).

Crown Royal is not on classic. Im not sure what whiskey/scotch is included but I can ask and report back when I get wifi/free access.

Edited by Sandy1975

I'm also interested in whether soda is included. Did anyone notice that there is a 15% surcharge on both Classic and Premium? I did not know that until I just read the post link here. ???

If you got the classic package as part of promo, then the 15% is included. If not I believe it will be charged to your package when you purchase it:$49 + 15%

If you got the classic package as part of promo, then the 15% is included. If not I believe it will be charged to your package when you purchase it:$49 + 15%

Correct. Gratuity is included in the value of the 123 perk.

If you upgrade to premium, you are charged $10 + 15% gratuity $1.50 = $11.50 per day.

If you buy outright, its $49 plus 15% for classic, or $59 + 15% for premium.

Anyone with any package on account, does not pay any additional gratuities on beverages covered under the package, unless one wants to, or unless they have Premium package and buy something outside the package, then the 15% will be levied on the "difference" in price they actually bill you.

Just mentioning it because you said you will be on your phone when you get to St. Thomas. Some phone plans cover that island, and some don't. We have Verizon and several years ago ended up with a $150 phone bill for a call to the airline we made from St. Thomas. Seems our plan with Verizon did not cover it. Just a heads up just in case.

Can you let me know if Bollini Pinot Grigio or Wente Cab Sav is included?

Thanks so much for the reports! We will be on her soon. If you get a chance can you see if any hard ciders are included?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only strongbow, and not on draft.

Just mentioning it because you said you will be on your phone when you get to St. Thomas. Some phone plans cover that island, and some don't. We have Verizon and several years ago ended up with a $150 phone bill for a call to the airline we made from St. Thomas. Seems our plan with Verizon did not cover it. Just a heads up just in case.

Thanks for the FYI. Yeah, we make sure we are on "home" only when we are in St Thomas. Sprint has service there.