Constellation with Vegetarian

ATLfuzzy

A friend is joining us on the 28July18 Constellation sailing. He is vegetarian.

I know there are vegetarian items on the main dining room menu, but is there also a special vegetarian menu available from the maitre’d? Wondering about his options. Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All you need to do is have a conversation with the maitre'd when you board. He will likely help your friend decide on a menu to suit her needs the evening before each dinner. My husband and I only eat fish, no meat and they prepared some very nice vegetarian dinners for us. We usually just choose the fish of the day and then our waiter will bring us a lovely selection of sides. Never had a problem eating this way on Celebrity. They actually went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our meals.

Yes, you can ask for the vegetarian menu. My niece who is a Vegan had no issues on the Silhouette in March. After a couple of days she just went with the Chef Special for her since he knew of the Vegan issue. She was super impressed with all of the items that came out. Also in the buffet she was very happy with all the options she was able to choose from.

Yes, you can ask for the vegetarian menu. My niece who is a Vegan had no issues on the Silhouette in March. After a couple of days she just went with the Chef Special for her since he knew of the Vegan issue. She was super impressed with all of the items that came out. Also in the buffet she was very happy with all the options she was able to choose from.

By any chance, do you know the name of the Chef who prepared his "Chef Special" for her each night? We will be on the Silhouette in a couple weeks and DW is vegan (I am not). We have been on 16 or so Celebrity cruises and meals in the MDR are often a challenge. Some ships / Maitre D's / Chefs have been way better than others (as with everything). Glad to hear that your niece was super impressed - hope we have the same luck.

Mike

A friend is joining us on the 28July18 Constellation sailing. He is vegetarian.

I know there are vegetarian items on the main dining room menu, but is there also a special vegetarian menu available from the maitre’d? Wondering about his options. Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The vegetarian menu has already been mentioned, and I agree that it is terrific. BUT depending on the dining room and wait staff you might have to be a tiny bit insistent that it exists. While it was a Luminae waiter who clued me into its existence, I have also had waitstaff not be aware of its existence.

Another suggestion: When asked nicely with a couple days' warning, the chefs can turn out a fantastic veggie burger--MUCH better than the warmed cardboard veggie burgers served up at the grill.

By any chance, do you know the name of the Chef who prepared his "Chef Special" for her each night? We will be on the Silhouette in a couple weeks and DW is vegan (I am not). We have been on 16 or so Celebrity cruises and meals in the MDR are often a challenge. Some ships / Maitre D's / Chefs have been way better than others (as with everything). Glad to hear that your niece was super impressed - hope we have the same luck.

Mike

I don’t remember, actually don’t think we asked. I choose the late fixed seating just so we had the same wait staff each night who knew her preferences. She pre-ordered after the first night but then we went to Murano so didn’t have that option. The chef at that time just made things that fit into the requirements. After that night she decided to just let them make what they wanted since she was so impressed. I think just talking to the maitre‘d & wait staff you should be good. The chefs are very familiar w/ a vegan diet by now & were very creative.

The chefs are very familiar w/ a vegan diet by now & were very creative.

Not in our experience. It has been VERY hit and miss. I shared your comments with DW and she is optimistic. This will be 14 nights - so....... She won't starve, but I prefer she be happy.

Thanks for your reply.

Mike

We ask for the Vegetarian and the Indian menus each night in the MDR, always a lot of options to choose from :). We learnt to ask on our first cruise with Celebrity on the Connie. It took a bit to get the menus the first couple of nights but no problems afterwards. On our cruise on the Sollie (sorry love nicknames) we asked the first night and no problems getting the menus every night after that. :)

In my limited experience it is very hit or miss. I think it has been getting better though. I mention that I am a vegetarian to our servers on the first night. Last cruise on the Eclipse in April she brought out the vegetarian menu every night. Same with out prior cruise in 2017 on the Reflection.

Prior to that I asked the the servers and Maitre'D and they said don't have one. That was on the Summit and that was years ago. They also at that time weren't very willing to make many accommodations.

An important thing to remember is that many of the servers will not really know the difference between a vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian etc. So keep that in mind when you order.