SILVER SPIRIT - Renovation and other questions

Magor2015

re special order. We were on on the Muse Grand Voyage Jan-Mar & never had prime rib on the menu so towards the end of the cruise a group of us inquired if we could special order a prime rib evening. We set the date, the menu & voila, it appeared..... ick. It was almost like they forgot to defrost it & when they realized that they had 8 prime rib deprived people coming for dinner, they defrosted it in the microwave & served it. It was pale & lacked much resemblance to the real thing. So be aware of special orders. I am disappointed to learn that the Spirit has followed in the Muse's footsteps with the non-rotating menus. Wouldn't you think they would have taken note of all the complaints? I really hate to think that it's the future of Silversea. That's disheartening.

2 questions:

* La Dame? Impressions, reviews, please;

* Formal nights- we are on a "short" cruise (7 nights), what level of clothing is suggested/required for formal nights?

Thank you in advance.

La dame was a bit of a disappointment for us but only because the main course that I chose was absolutely dreadful. The lobster was served in a sloppy pea “soup” type concoction that absolutely did not work on any level I was surprised at how poor it was. We actually cancelled our 2nd reservation for la dame and went to Seishin instead. The rest of the meal was fine but the evening ruined by that main course.

The formal evening was very mixed. Lots of DJs and ladies in flowing gowns and beautiful dresses plenty of others in suits and one in the pool bar even stretching the definition of jacket by wearing a fleece.

Whether you choose a DJ or a suit you wouldn’t feel over or underdressed.

Edited by Daveywavey70
typo

At the risk of re-starting "dress code wars", the pool bar and Grill are "optional casual".

I didn’t know that. I had the impression from reading up beforehand that all public areas after 6pm were included. I’ve got no intention of getting involved in a war unfathomable, I’m a conscientious objector. 😀

Haha. Peace! The rules have become incomprehensible, IMO, possibly in a doomed attempt to please everybody.

Rest assured that Silversea is not the only line whose dress code has become incomprehensible with contradictions