Balcony room with cot

hi all

Me and my wife will be taking our 2 year old on cruise

We have a balcony room on independence of seas and have requested a cot

How does this work do they remove the couch in the room so there is room for it?

hi all

Me and my wife will be taking our 2 year old on cruise

We have a balcony room on independence of seas and have requested a cot

How does this work do they remove the couch in the room so there is room for it?

No, they do not remove the couch. The pack n' play will need to be placed in the room with all the other furniture. We are traveling with our 2 year old but we are in a junior suite. Last year when he was 1 we booked a 2 bedroom grand suite. We always feel that the baby needs room to move around. Balcony cabins are VERY small.

Terminology comes into play here. OP is from UK. A "cot" would be a crib in US. You cannot request an actual crib. What you have requested is a pack-and-play. They are smaller than a cot/crib. They do have size/weight limitations on them. They are usually provided for infants - not sure how big or agile your child is - but might be on the big size for a pack-and-play. Some people prefer to turn the couch around and let the child sleep on the couch using the wall/back of couch to keep the child "in."

Yes, I think what Americans call a Pack and Play is what my parents called a playpen.

So the question back to the OP... does your child sleep in a bed yet? If so then it will be easy... The child can just sleep on the couch without pulling it out. If not a playpen will fit okay (we have done it), but you'll probably want to fold it up during the day do there is enough space to get around the room.

we've done a balcony with 2 adults, 1 kid, and 1 cot before. def do-able. the attendant would usually fold up the cot during the day, and then would set it up again at nite for turn-down service. on the cruise at that age, we opted to do small naps in a foldable buggy around the ship, and then one adult would stay behind in the room with the toddler when they went to sleep after dinner. at the time we were traveling with extended family, so both of us were even able to get out at nite for a date while another family member watched the little one. the balcony meant that we could still enjoy the cruise even if the little one was sleeping.