Boston Port to Airport - Will I have enough time?

PattiMac321

Hi!

There is a very good airfare at 9:10am. Would we be pushing our luck to make it even if we take off our own luggage.

Does HAL have luggage valet that would take our bags so we could visit Boston and take the 5:00pm fight?

Maureen

What time does HAL arrive? What date? IMO a 9:10 flight is pushing it too much.

What you can do is to contact Rowe's Wharf Water Transport. They will pick you up at Black Falcon, take you to Rowe's Wharf for secure luggage storage, and take you later to Logan Airport for your flight for $25/pp. you can also take a cab to Rowe's Wharf, store your luggage, and go later to Logan Airport for $20/pp.

It all depends on how well you can manage your luggage. On the airport end you will have to roll your stuff to a free shuttle bus to get dropped off at your terminal. On the ship end you will have to roll your luggage to the west end of the pier to board the water taxi.

From Rowe's Wharf it's a 3 block walk along the Greenway to the east end entrance of the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area. You can also walk along the harbor on the Harborwalk.

Instead of taking a taxi to the airport you could take the water taxi from Rowe's Wharf. They have an offer for cruise passengers which will pick you up at Black Falcon Terminal, let you store your luggage so you can explore a bit of the city, and get you to Logan for your flight.

http://www.roweswharfwatertransport.com/

There also is a water taxi from Long Wharf. I don't know if you can leave your luggage so you can do some tourist stuff in Boston before heading to the airport. They too offer pick up at the Black Falcon terminal.

http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/water-taxi#at-your-service

Are either of these options if you are going to an airport hotel after a cruise? I'm thinking my mom and I will stay at the Embassy Suites by Logan and if we can take the water taxi, it sure would be something different.

Are either of these options if you are going to an airport hotel after a cruise? I'm thinking my mom and I will stay at the Embassy Suites by Logan and if we can take the water taxi, it sure would be something different.

If you go on the Rowe's site you can see the locations of the stops they make. I am not from Boston so I don't know where the hotel is located. Someone else may be able to answer more specifically.

Maureen

This is not a good option for your mom who has mobility issues, particularly with luggage.

Take her on the MBTA water taxi between Long Wharf and tge Constitution if you want a mini cruise in the harbor.

This is not a good option for your mom who has mobility issues, particularly with luggage.

Take her on the MBTA water taxi between Long Wharf and tge Constitution if you want a mini cruise in the harbor.

Thanks 138east! That's what I was a little concerned with. I did look at taking the water taxi up to the Constitution and then starting a slow walk backwards down the Freedom Trail from there. We'll see what we see and when mom gets tired we can either find a pub and rest a little or catch an uber back to the hotel. Or catch a HOHO ride along their route somewhere. Want to see sights, but don't want to stress about seeing it all or have mom try to push herself too much and then be hurting the rest of vacation.

Thanks 138east! That's what I was a little concerned with. I did look at taking the water taxi up to the Constitution and then starting a slow walk backwards down the Freedom Trail from there. We'll see what we see and when mom gets tired we can either find a pub and rest a little or catch an uber back to the hotel. Or catch a HOHO ride along their route somewhere. Want to see sights, but don't want to stress about seeing it all or have mom try to push herself too much and then be hurting the rest of vacation.

Don't waste your time walking your Mom between the Constitution and the North End. It's the worst stretch of the Freedom Trail and nothing to see but the TD Garden. Absolutely no charm. Take a cab to the Constitution and the MBTA ferry back to Long Wharf. There's enough walking at the Constitution site.

Don't waste your time walking your Mom between the Constitution and the North End. It's the worst stretch of the Freedom Trail and nothing to see but the TD Garden. Absolutely no charm. Take a cab to the Constitution and the MBTA ferry back to Long Wharf. There's enough walking at the Constitution site.

Thank you for that! Guess we'll take the MBTA ferry to the Constitution and then again to Long Wharf - can't get too much time on the water! :D I so love all the peeps here on Cruise Critic that are so willing to help with all this logistical stuff as well as what is worth seeing and what's a waste of time.

• 3 months later...

So, on a Saturday, July 7, I get off the Veendam in Boston at 7:00 AM. Well, the ship docks at 7:00 AM.

I have a 10:50 AM flight from Logan on Southwest Airlines.

If I do self-carry off luggage and get expedited disembarkation, I should be able to get to the airport by 9:00 at the latest. That's assuming I can't even disembark before 8:30, and that gets me to the domestic terminal by 9:00, leaving me nearly 2 hours to get through security, etc.

Any flaws in my logic?

So, on a Saturday, July 7, I get off the Veendam in Boston at 7:00 AM. Well, the ship docks at 7:00 AM.

I have a 10:50 AM flight from Logan on Southwest Airlines.

If I do self-carry off luggage and get expedited disembarkation, I should be able to get to the airport by 9:00 at the latest. That's assuming I can't even disembark before 8:30, and that gets me to the domestic terminal by 9:00, leaving me nearly 2 hours to get through security, etc.

Any flaws in my logic?

Assuming the ship arrives on time, it seems reasonable to me.