Need Help Regarding Milford, Doubtful & Dusky Sound While Cruising

my cruise we came from Dunedin to Milford ,missed Dusky as the cloud cover was low as we got there real early we did get into Doubtful and Thompson and Milford was a cold wet morning slet as well not much but was there as was snowing up top , loved it been in Milford sound previously as i did a bus tour and we stayed the night on the sound on one of the boats the first day was lovel and sunny the next morning cold and drizzle and lots of waterfalls that weren't there the day before we did see seals and penguins and dolphins on that trip other people on my cruise saw whales and dolphins sadly i didnt see any but thats ok always next time,

amazing scenery in the sounds hope to do it again and get to see dusky then

It takes about 4 hours to travel from Milford Sound to Queenstown, and about 3.5 hours from Queenstown to Dunedin. So you will be spending a lot of time just to travelling in the bus. With only one night at Queenstown and the expensive cost for the tour, you will have to weigh to see if it is worth it. Cruising through Doubtful and Dusky Sounds are also quite spectacular (not many cruise ships make it to all 3 due to weather - sometimes none at all).