Portugal National airline, Lisbon, Portugal, public transportation

We are flying into Lisbon, Portugal on 17 April 2018 from Miami, Florida on Portugal National airline. I have read and heard, that the Portugal National airline ticket can be used for public transportion in Lisbon on the 1st day. Is this true? Thank you.

Do you mean TAP Air Portugal (https://www.flytap.com)?

I have the same flight booked (Miami->Lisbon) for next December and I didn't see any mention of public transportation being offered when I booked.

What I did manage to find out is that there used to be a bus that you could take for free in Madeira if you showed your TAP boarding pass. This is no longer the case for several years now. Maybe this is what you read about?

There is currently a bus service in Lisbon called Aerobus (https://www.aerobus.pt/) that departs the airport and goes to the most touristy/hotel dense parts of the city, so it might be useful for you. Sadly it's not free, but at 3.60€ per adult for a 24 hour ticket, pretty reasonable I'd say :D

Hello and thank you for responding, and clearing the matter up. Sounds, like we will be taking the bus for 3.60 euros for the day. We are only in Lisbon from 0500-1500. Catching a plan at 1500 for Madrid, but should you be plenty of time to catch some of the sights, and maybe have shellfish soup, my son has been asking about that. So thank you for the information.

The shellfish soup is probably the hardest part, most restaurants only start serving food at 12:00, and if your next flight is at 15:00 that can be a bit tight. Portuguese lunch takes awhile!

I'm guessing the soup your son is asking about is what we call "caldeirada". It's more of a stew than a soup though, and can contain fish, clams, squid, shrimp...whatever swims in the sea! Hopefully it won't be too hard to find. Sadly I don't have any recommendations since I hate fish ;p

• 2 months later...
We are flying into Lisbon, Portugal on 17 April 2018 from Miami, Florida on Portugal National airline. I have read and heard, that the Portugal National airline ticket can be used for public transportion in Lisbon on the 1st day. Is this true? Thank you.

The amazing thing about TAP (Transportes Aéreos Portuguese) is that their first flight was in 1946 and they have never had a life lost. That's nearly 71 years. One of, if not, the safest airline in the world. Even a better record than Qantas which used to be the safest. (y)