Transportation from Mendenhall Glacier

csk

We will be taking a whale watching tour in the morning and then they will drop us off at Mendenhall Glacier. what is the best way to get back to ship.

I am a little confused on the bus service can I buy a one way ticket

thanks

Have your person that is dropping you off show you where the bus drop off/pick up is. There is a blue bus (MGT) and a white bus (Juneau Tours). Take either one. Two years ago, I think we were charged 10 each to ride the bus back. I just made sure we had cash on hand to give to the driver. You may have to wait in the line for the next bus if the first one is full. You may want to google them and look up the current price. That 10 dollar price was a couple years ago. Someone else may be able to tell you when those two buses stop running for the day.

Who did you book the tour with? The one I booked is the same way (Juneau Whale Watch, combo tour - whale watch, drop at Mendenhall, then shuttle back every 30 minutes), and it's my understanding that the return shuttle is included in the price. Guess I should verify that. :)

Edited by Straitlover

I booked with Alaska Humpback Adventures it is a 6 passenger boat with Captian Steve , he was our captain years ago with Harv and Marv and was awesome, and will drop us off at the glacier, but then we have to get our way back, looks like we can ride a shuttle or get a taxi

When are you going?

I booked with Alaska Humpback Adventures it is a 6 passenger boat with Captian Steve , he was our captain years ago with Harv and Marv and was awesome, and will drop us off at the glacier, but then we have to get our way back, looks like we can ride a shuttle or get a taxi

When are you going?

Oh, OK. We are booked w/ Juneau Whale Watch for mid June. If you have more than two people, a taxi is cheaper.

Who did you book the tour with? The one I booked is the same way (Juneau Whale Watch, combo tour - whale watch, drop at Mendenhall, then shuttle back every 30 minutes), and it's my understanding that the return shuttle is included in the price. Guess I should verify that. :)

We did that same tour last September and yes - shuttle return is included with the price. However, you need to find out what time their last shuttle runs otherwise you're cabbing it back to the docks

We did that same tour last September and yes - shuttle return is included with the price. However, you need to find out what time their last shuttle runs otherwise you're cabbing it back to the docks

Thanks for the info. Ours starts at 8:30 AM, so hopefully we will have plenty of time at the glacier. I don't anticipate us being there more than a couple or so hours. Want to have plenty of time to look around downtown.