Godfather Tour/Taormina Tour Options

soccerbaseballmom

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children--ages 11 and 8). Was originally thinking we would tour Taormina on our own. However, Cruisecritic reviews are making us rethink this. We would love to do a Godfather tour but would also like to spend time in Taormina. We are looking online at the options but they can be overwhelming. Which companies are the most reputable? What would be the most economical way to do this? A simple transfer through the cruiseline for the 4 of us would be 224 Euros. Seems that if we are already spending that, might be worth it to find a Godfather tour that includes transport. Wouldn't necessarily mind touring with a larger group to save money--however, one tour we see online like this is not getting positive reviews (Viator). No roll call for our July cruise on Cruisecritic either...

Thank you!

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children--ages 11 and 8). Was originally thinking we would tour Taormina on our own. However, Cruisecritic reviews are making us rethink this. We would love to do a Godfather tour but would also like to spend time in Taormina. We are looking online at the options but they can be overwhelming. Which companies are the most reputable? What would be the most economical way to do this? A simple transfer through the cruiseline for the 4 of us would be 224 Euros. Seems that if we are already spending that, might be worth it to find a Godfather tour that includes transport. Wouldn't necessarily mind touring with a larger group to save money--however, one tour we see online like this is not getting positive reviews (Viator). No roll call for our July cruise on Cruisecritic either...

Thank you!

What is your port of call?

Messina

We just returned from a land tour of Sicily and had a wonderful local guide for Taormina. I will contact our Tour Manager and find out if this local guide would do a shore excursion from Messina. She lives near Taormina. I'll post the information as soon as I receive a response.

Ron

We just returned from a land tour of Sicily and had a wonderful local guide for Taormina. I will contact our Tour Manager and find out if this local guide would do a shore excursion from Messina. She lives near Taormina. I'll post the information as soon as I receive a response.

Ron

The private guide for tours from the Port of Messina is Diana Mazza dmazza66@yahoo.it. Tell Diana that she was recommended by Alexa, a Tour Manager from a recent Collette tourof Sicily.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I did this tour on our own...we rented a car, did the Godfather rour by ourselves and then visited Taormina. We were by ourselves, but we frequently rent cars while cruising with our family of five. The only challenge was parking in Taormina and some steep hills going on the Godfather tour. It was a great day and very inexpensive.

There are photos and more details in this review

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2214231&highlight=Serenity+live+newbie