Onboard Credit and Refundable Deposits

First there was just OBC and just regular deposits.

A month ago I booked a cruise and they told me, since I did a refundable deposit I would only get 1/2 of the advertised OBC.

I booked another cruise a few days ago with a refundable deposit and now the only way to get the advertised OBC is to do non-refundable deposits. Apparently, going forward you get no On Board Credit at all if you book refundable.

Just a heads up.

A month ago I booked a cruise and they told me, since I did a refundable deposit I would only get 1/2 of the advertised OBC.

I booked another cruise a few days ago with a refundable deposit and now the only way to get the advertised OBC is to do non-refundable deposits. Apparently, going forward you get no On Board Credit at all if you book refundable.

Just a heads up.

It depends on the sale that's going on at the time is all. Changes all the time

Not on a cruise. Just called to book over the phone.

OK, well that did not indicate a change in policy, that was just how that particular promo worked.

You can still get OBC from a refundable deposit booking when you make that booking on board a cruise. The OBC is less than if you opt for a non-refundable booking, but you still get some.

Just a heads up.

Someone told you that refundable fares do not receive OBC anymore???? I just booked and the refundable OBC was $50 and nonrefundable was $100.

Someone told you that refundable fares do not receive OBC anymore???? I just booked and the refundable OBC was $50 and nonrefundable was $100.

When did you book? I booked about 3 days ago and checked again today with today’s special. Still no OBC for refundable.