Entourage on the Escape

phillyguy31

We are taking the DGCs in June, first cruise with kids. I know about signing the younger ones 10 and 13 up at Splash Academy and encouraging them to go the first night. Now about the 17 YO does he have to be enrolled or does he just show up there? I know he can come and go as he wants but is there anything we need to do to get the ball rolling?

Entourage is 13-17... so your 13 yo will be in entourage too. You can go the first day and register them both, it’s the only time adults are allowed to check out the very cool space. The kids then can go back that night for first night ice breakers and stuff, and in entourage they tend to then find their own clique and go get dessert or head for the pool or arcade or what not. My 13 year old loved it... most of her group was 14/15... and my only rule was she had to use her iPod to text us if she was changing venues or coming back to the room (using the ncl app). We also did a 10 pm curfew on nights before an early port day, 11 pm otherwise... and that seemed to jive with most of the other parents too.

Entourage is 13-17... so your 13 yo will be in entourage too. You can go the first day and register them both, it’s the only time adults are allowed to check out the very cool space. The kids then can go back that night for first night ice breakers and stuff, and in entourage they tend to then find their own clique and go get dessert or head for the pool or arcade or what not. My 13 year old loved it... most of her group was 14/15... and my only rule was she had to use her iPod to text us if she was changing venues or coming back to the room (using the ncl app). We also did a 10 pm curfew on nights before an early port day, 11 pm otherwise... and that seemed to jive with most of the other parents too.

My oldest was 14 on her second NCL cruise, it was tough getting her back by the ships 1 am curfew. One night we fell asleep, DH found her on the pool deck with a ton of other teens. Next cruise we had a 15 and 17 year old, apparently we were the only parents enforcing the 1 am curfew, and it was true, tons of teens still out. The next time, we had 2 14 year olds and a 16 year old, same thing, dragging dd14 away from a 1:30 am monopoly game.

My oldest was 14 on her second NCL cruise, it was tough getting her back by the ships 1 am curfew. One night we fell asleep, DH found her on the pool deck with a ton of other teens. Next cruise we had a 15 and 17 year old, apparently we were the only parents enforcing the 1 am curfew, and it was true, tons of teens still out. The next time, we had 2 14 year olds and a 16 year old, same thing, dragging dd14 away from a 1:30 am monopoly game.

That’s nuts! We must have had a good group of parents! My Dd had no problem with curfew. The last night I said she could stay out till 1, she rolled in at 12:15... said everyone else had midnight curfews for the last night.