Beach at Carambola....

LarCourt

I like the new, sturdy beach chairs and umbrellas at Carambola, I don't mind paying more to rent them. I'm just concerned about the price of the food there.

Is Shipwreck an easy walk away if we decided to grab a bite to eat?

we just returned from St. Kitts aboard the Navigator. The walk from shipwreck to Carambola was about 10 minutes. Typical beach walk. we did it barefoot in the tidal wash which was steep. The sand on the flatter part was not difficult to walk in, but was hot on the tootsies.

This looks lovely and new... what is the cost to rent chairs and umbrellas? Do they have a pool, do you need to ask about a day pass... just seems beautiful! Did you stop at the front desk first or walk right out to the beach? thanks

Our friends and us met up here. They wanted $10 a chair and $10 an umbrella. Someone talked them down to $20 for 2 chairs and an unbrella. It was well worth it. This was a beautiful spot. There was a cove for those who wanted to snorkel. We walked down to ship wreck and it looked run down and old. We went back, bought some $2 beers in-between. Spent the whole day there at Carambola. Their bathrooms were amazing. Very clean and granite countertops. Showers to rinse off. Food available. We would return there for any future stops.

Karen

We didn't see any vendors there last week, but $80 for the 4 of us to rent chairs and umbrellas was a bit much. Very clean and new, and there were more employees than customers there the day we were dropped off. I had asked our cab driver to go to Shipwreck, but he insisted that Carumbola would "knock our socks off". We ended up walking 15 minutes down the beach to Shipwreck to lie on the sand for free and later enjoyed 6 beers in a bucket for $15 and $5 burgers. Cab fare was $21 down and only $16 back, so it pays to ask around for best rate. All the locals hang out at Shipwreck, and that's where the monkeys and mongoose come down out of the trees to feed a short distance from the restaurant tables.

I take it that you would have preferred to go to Shipwreck? Was there no sand to sit on at Carambola?

We like very few people and the quiet, but DH does not like to sit. He stands in the water and walks the beach, while I sit under an umbrella and read. Do you have to rent the lounges and umbrellas?

Edited by Iamthesea

• 3 weeks later...

I am traveling with my family next week on the Celebrity Eclipse and thought we would do a beach day. I realize this will be in the peak of Spring Break.

I have a questions if anyone could assist, please:

What time do the Carambola Beach Club open?

What time do we need to arrive in order to secure a chair? Is it crowded?

Are you able to rent snorkel equipment there?

Any other tips about visiting the Carambola Beach Club?

Thanks

Carambola opens at 9.00am (local time).

Depends on how many ships are in port but a good idea to get there earlier in order to secure a chair.

Not too sure about whether they rent snorkel equipment but Shipwreck at the other end rents snorkel gear for US$10 per hour.

Make sure you bring your credit card as the bill can get hefty.

Have a great time.

Carambola opens at 9.00am (local time).

Depends on how many ships are in port but a good idea to get there earlier in order to secure a chair.

Not too sure about whether they rent snorkel equipment but Shipwreck at the other end rents snorkel gear for US$10 per hour.

Make sure you bring your credit card as the bill can get hefty.

Have a great time.

I'm a little confused about this place. I think this is a fancy restauranat on the beach, yes? Not really a "beach club"? I am looking at this place and the Marriott. Basically, I want to know if I can: 1) take a cab straight there from the port/I have a bad knee and can't walk rough terrain or long distances so want to be sure there isn't much "walking" to get there 2) I want to rent chairs and an umbrella but don't want to be committed to a minimum food and drink necessarily - is this possible? You mention the hefty bill thus I ask....

Any thoughts on this vs the Marriott. And I know we are the only ship in port that day - on the March 10th Eclipse sailing. Any helpful info on this is sure appreciated. Thanks!

It is a fancy restaurant on the beach.You can take a cab straight from the port. Taxi far based on a 1-4 basis - US16 one way, 32 round trip. No long distances and even flooring.

You can rent chairs and umbrellas but not committed to buying food/drink. Hefty bill - as a family of 5 we have spent quite a few afternoons there and with food and drink it does add up, but the pros make it worthwhile as the restrooms are top notch, no hassle from beach vendors, service is attentive, the beach is clean and the food is fresh.

A day pass to the Marriot is US35. However - when the Marriot is full they do not issue day passes and currently it is 99% full. Some visitors do take a chance and just walk in as if they are guest and blend in.

We were there last week and were told the restaurant has only been open a couple of months. It's pretty impressive. Very contemporary. You don't need to eat there to use the beach or their adjoining facilities which are definitely not your average beach restrooms/change rooms - I was sure there would be a charge to use them - but not!

We had lunch there - excellent but not cheap!

Very nice beach and a band playing - but it was very windy when we were there and quite a strong undertow in the water. Didn't use the chairs or umbrellas as we were only going to be there a couple of hours so just put our towels down - but shade was hard to find as it looked like the palm trees were young and quite newly planted. I'd go there again.

I'm a little confused about this place. I think this is a fancy restauranat on the beach, yes? Not really a "beach club"? I am looking at this place and the Marriott. Basically, I want to know if I can: 1) take a cab straight there from the port/I have a bad knee and can't walk rough terrain or long distances so want to be sure there isn't much "walking" to get there 2) I want to rent chairs and an umbrella but don't want to be committed to a minimum food and drink necessarily - is this possible? You mention the hefty bill thus I ask....

Any thoughts on this vs the Marriott. And I know we are the only ship in port that day - on the March 10th Eclipse sailing. Any helpful info on this is sure appreciated. Thanks!

Techsearch,

I am on the same cruise with you. Have you registered for the CC party? We plan on going to Carambola. Hope to meet you.

• 2 years later...