Hotels with day rates at Sea-Tac

bean24

Interested in this as well. Our flight doesn't leave until after 9 pm. Today I contacted the Hilton downtown as that's where we'll be staying pre-cruise. They checked Hilton properties in the downtown area as well as by the airport. None of their properties have day rates.

You can always buy a day pass to an airline lounge. The Delta lounge by A1 has showers (and a SPA) as well as free food and drinks (including Alcoholic drinks). It is the nicest domestic lounge I have ever seen.

I believe the S Gate Sky Club has showers as well and there is a Priority Pass lounge in the S gates but I don't remember if it had showers. The United Club by A10 doesn't have showers but it is fairly nice for food and drinks (not as nice as Delta)...not sure about the Priority Pass lounge in that same area. Alaska Lounges have free food and drinks but I don't remember any showers. There is also a Centurion Lounge by B3 which is free for Platinum Amex Card holders and a charge ($25?) for all other card types. It is a little small and doesn't have a shower but has good food and drinks (in fact their open bar might be the best of all SEA lounges). BA/LH have a lounge in the S gates but I don't remember if they had a shower but I don't think they sell day passes anyway.

If you are just looking for a place to freshen up and spend some time before a flight I believe all of them (except BA) sell day passes if you are within their alliance day of flight (some online for a discount). They will be $25-$50 per person but that includes food and drinks (and much better service if you need assistance with your flights for any reason).

For a late flight you could always check you bags with the airline, head to the lounge for a snack and shower and then head back out only to return later and take advantage of it before your flight.

Edited by fastpitchdad

You can't check in luggage more than 4hrs. before the flight. There is also a USO, if you are active or retired military.

I have had no issue checking bags any time same day of flight on legacy carriers. I mainly fly Delta now but I did a million miles on United and hundreds of thousands on Alaska and American...in fact Delta's website says 6 hours but all flyertalkers agree it is just any time same day.

But I do recall Southwest giving my mother a hard time trying to check her bag early so I could walk her into the United Club when we were flying same day. Southwest doesn't have a lounge or an airline alliance so anyone flying on Southwest is probably out of luck anyway (except, as you pointed out, the USO lounge if they qualify).

You can always buy a day pass to an airline lounge.

The Delta lounge by A1

has showers (and a SPA) as well as free food and drinks (including Alcoholic drinks). It is the nicest domestic lounge I have ever seen.

Thank you so much for the information. I never even thought about the airline lounges. We're flying Delta so that's perfect!

I smiled when I saw "fastpitchdad" as our granddaughter plays 10U fastfitch travel ball. It's been a great experience for her!

Once again, that you for the information!

I smiled when I saw "fastpitchdad" as our granddaughter plays 10U fastfitch travel ball. It's been a great experience for her!

Once again, that you for the information!

:)

When I created this username my daughter was just coming off her 10U travel season and we were concerned with how to get her throws/swings in on the ship since tryouts were occurring upon our return. It really was a great experience all the way through 16U and high school. She chose to attend the University with the currently #1 ranked D1 softball team in the country which is a bit above her skill level so her fastpitch days are over for now :( .

Enjoy your trip!