Best Excursions Cozumel

CatladyG68

I agree that Nachi is great! But the best excursion we have ever done in Cozumel is the Salsa and Salsa tour! SO MUCH FUN!! When we did it, it was through Carnival but not sure if they still offer it. You can book it on your own though. Highly recommend it!

DH and I did Salsa, Salsa and Margaritas through Celebrity three years ago, and it was a blast! I would do that one again. I didn’t know you could book it on your own.

• 2 weeks later...
We want to try this but I was a bit worried about what areas of Cozumel they would lead us to. Did you do it and did you feel comfortable?

We felt comfortable the whole time. Our most uncomfortable was the starting point, Municipal Mercado Food Court. We were there early and alone for almost an hour. The taxi ride there was fine ($10). Once the folks from Amazing Cozumel Race arrived, we felt very comfortable and safe. You see them almost every stop plus you are given a cell phone if you feel you get lost. They warn you which streets not to pass in order to remain safe. If you are comfortable with a very good city map you will not get lost. Locals cheered us on as we raced. The end of the race is along the seashore and felt very safe as we walked until tired and hailed a taxi back to the ship ($8). We did it independently off RCCL Liberty of the Seas. Carnival Cruise Line excursion experience would certainly be even more comfortable.

We just found out about Cozumel Trikes on the ports of call message board and we booked it for our October cruise.

It looks so fun and different! We are in ours 60's also and with our adopted grandson who is 8. Check it out.

Let’s us know how it is

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What website did you book this tour through ? the one I tried to use to get information came back with a statement " This is not a Secure Site" and it scared me off. I see they have a facebook a/c as well but just like to know how you booked with them.

I believe it was through their facebook page. I messaged them on facebook messenger, they responded and have our reservation. You don't have to pay in advance, pay upon arrival.

It sounds so fun and you get to see the entire island.

Good Luck and happy sailing!

do i need to book mr sanchos? also how far from the port is it?

You are better off booking to ensure that you can get in - I think the deposit in only $5 each. Taxi will take about 10-15 minutes and the fare for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab will be about $17 each way. Check the fare board near the cab line for your pier to see what the current fare is.

We felt comfortable the whole time. Our most uncomfortable was the starting point, Municipal Mercado Food Court. We were there early and alone for almost an hour. The taxi ride there was fine ($10). Once the folks from Amazing Cozumel Race arrived, we felt very comfortable and safe. You see them almost every stop plus you are given a cell phone if you feel you get lost. They warn you which streets not to pass in order to remain safe. If you are comfortable with a very good city map you will not get lost. Locals cheered us on as we raced. The end of the race is along the seashore and felt very safe as we walked until tired and hailed a taxi back to the ship ($8). We did it independently off RCCL Liberty of the Seas. Carnival Cruise Line excursion experience would certainly be even more comfortable.

Thanks for the information!!

Cozumel bar hop is also alot of fun!

I agree. Cozumel Bar Hop is great. We're doing it again in December. A great way to see the other side of the island. We did Mr. Sanchos last year too and it was very nice. We were sick (husband) / hung over (me) so we didn't enjoy it as much as we should have. Nice beach, good food and drinks are included. It was a big crowded, but not so much that we wouldn't go back.

Edited by Niffernay
Added some stuff