Any word on an Oceania app yet?

Ken the cruiser

I had a bad experience too. We were on the ship and my husband gave a regular credit card to purchase a watch. This was before chip. Someone in the jewelry shop took the info and gave to someone off the ship and just at the end of the cruise we were informed that our card was maxed out. They had charged about $50,000. All sorts of stuff. The credit card company didn't hold us responsible and of course my husband should have known better. There are many people in this world who will take advantage at any time.

Wow! That was quite the lesson learned! Thank goodness the bank was able to cancel all those charges!

It sure would be nice if Oceania had an iPhone app where we could check our account while we’re on the ship rather than going down to guest services and getting a print out. Any word as to whether or not they are working on one?

Your kidding , right? Too much of an effort to walk 500 ft to reception or pick up the cabin phone? I mean WHY do you need instant information 24/7 on a cruise???? I dont see any reason for it

Your kidding , right? Too much of an effort to walk 500 ft to reception or pick up the cabin phone? I mean WHY do you need instant information 24/7 on a cruise???? I dont see any reason for it

On the other hand why waste a crew member’s precious time and the company’s paper to print out an account balance sheet every day when an onboard app would be much more efficient.

In addition I’m sure O will add other passenger notification functions into such an app that will allow folks who are interested to be kept up to date on a variety of events while onboard.

However, for those folks that really don’t care about such things, such as yourself, don’t load the app when it becomes available.

Edited by Ken the cruiser