Jewish shore excursion in Riga

Has anyone taken the Jewish shore excursion offered by Royal Caribbean? How was it? I read the description and am not sure how it fills up the full time. I am specifically wondering of there were unlisted shopping stops -- I am not interested in those. Did the tour give exposure to other aspects of Riga, such as the art nouveau?

Has anyone taken the Jewish shore excursion offered by Royal Caribbean? How was it? I read the description and am not sure how it fills up the full time. I am specifically wondering of there were unlisted shopping stops -- I am not interested in those. Did the tour give exposure to other aspects of Riga, such as the art nouveau?

I haven't taken this tour but would say that the key Jewish sites could easily be seen on your own. There really aren't that many things to see. As a result the guides may add a lot of context which could be helpful. The Jewish museum will of course have its own guides who can give you an overview of the history and other interesting details.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a Jewish tour of Riga off another ship but since the guides are local and not from the ship, it might have been the same tour. It was very interesting and worth taking.

DON